striven82

Aug 13, 2008
I went for about a 30 mile ride today through some seriously rough crap. Rocks, mud, deep mud, sand, water, roots, swamp and everything else I could find. I frickin' love my KDX. I was riding with 3 others who were on ATV's and they just could not keep up. The only time I had any problems was when we got into some serious bog territory. I don't mean the generic term "bog." I'm talking at least a half-mile of floating bog. You could have one foot on semi-solid weeds, and the other would be over the riding boot. That's the only time I got stuck...really stuck. Took about an hour to make it through that one. All of the ATV's got stuck too so I didn't feel like an idiot. The rest of the time, it was me riding "casually" for about ten minutes, then I'd stop and wait for five minutes for the wheelers to catch up. I figured it would save gas that way. Better than idling behind the ATV's.

Today, the KDX took whatever I threw at her and came back for more. What a bike!

Last edited:

striven82

Aug 13, 2008
I absolutely agree! I bought a brand new DRZ a couple months ago and I'm really glad I took the KDX today instead. I'd still be sitting in the middle of that bog if I was on the Dizzer today. The KDX is just plain impressive.

james.keaton

May 8, 2009
I love my '89. I can't break it, and I have yet been able to find anything I can't make it up/through while following my buddies around. They all have 450's and 250's from '06 - '09.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
james.keaton said:
I love my '89. I can't break it, and I have yet been able to find anything I can't make it up/through while following my buddies around. They all have 450's and 250's from '06 - '09.

I can't break mine either (very dependable) it breaks me!!

I'm just old and weak

nearma12

Mar 29, 2009
Yep, I know the feeling. My '91 KDX250 can make it through/over almost anything. It may look a little old compared to the new style bikes, but it will run like a beast. That bike makes me feel like I am an awesome rider because it is so easy to ride. I love it!

james.keaton

May 8, 2009
we went to Royal Blue this past weekend and rode 35 miles or so and two eeks earlier went up there and rode 45 miles. My main problem is that the output shaft seal is leaking, but the leak is very small and hell as long as i fill it up before we go riding, then I am good. Plus, it lubes the chain so I son't see an immediate need to tear it apart. I will wait for the cold months.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom