KDX200 Performance Mods Help Please

SADude

Jul 8, 2004
Hi

I Have a KDX200 2005 model and I am looking for some advice on how I can increase the bottom end Torque on the bike, and how I would go about doing some of them. I do mainly trail riding, lots of mountain climbing and tight technical sections.

Will Modifying the air box help, and how should I do that? What pipe to put on the bike and best performance for the lease cost?

I have a bit of a problem with my front wheel washing out on me when I do steep hill descents, is my front suspension to soft or am I just taking to much front brake.

Please Help ASAP.

Paul

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Using the search feature on this forum will yeild much of what you are looking for.
One point though, front end wash out on steep down hills. First, your search should reveal that the stock front tire is crap. Beyond that, you will find a wide opinion on what is a good tire. Read and decide for yourself. Remember, most front end washouts are due to over inflation. If you are not riding sharp edged rocky terrain, then reduce tire pressure a couple of pounds at a time, starting with about 12 pounds of pressure. My tire runs best at about 8 lbs. So far, no flats from pinches.

motorider200

Nov 11, 2002
Here is a list of some things.
FMF gnarly torque pipe - it really wakes the bike up
Jetting - get the most out of the bike factory jetting is usaually rich
DFII reed valve - increases throttle responce and adds a little power it also has reed tention settings
to enhance either topend or lowend power.
Airbox mod\removal - let it breath
Re-spring front end for your wieght - the stock springs are good for about a 135lb. rider I'm running
springs from an xr400 and love them do a search to find more
info
Loose the stock front tire - you will be suprised how much more confident you will feel with a good
front tire again do a search.
Thats about it from the top of my head, but all of these topics have been discussed many times so do a search.

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
Whatever you do...if you start modding the engine. Do one thing at a time and get one mod figured out and running good before you start the next one.
Lest ye could be in the same world of poo that I'm in. :(

Top Bottom