2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Hey, what a coincidence we are too. Me, wife, 2 kids, 3 dogs including the blind one, Tony bring the blind cleaning supplies to take care of her ;) M&M as well with another dog along with 2 kids. Rumor has it that certain sasquatch will also be roaming the woods :yikes:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I would love to join you all but a 20-hour drive each way is not in the cards right now. Our dog cannot handle the travel and Rhona is away working, so I need to stick around here for the holiday. Have a wonderful time.

I really wish I could make it. Maybe next year.

Please make sure to eat like kings and queens and gets lots of pics and videos to share.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I'll be up there July 1st until July 10th.

Thinking about Troy or maybe Bonita Meadow.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Not available the 4th, but could ride the 9th.

I figure it will be like spring in Schaeffer Meadow and Corral Meadow by early July. Wild flowers as high as your chest when standing on the pegs, wet loamy single track under the tires...

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
You guys better call up there first. I was up there a few weeks ago camping, and all trails closed and all roads north of Black Rock Station closed as well

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
So how was it?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
KM was super nice! While everyone was roasting down the hill in 100+ temps we were relaxing in the shade of pine and fir at Troy in 80* temps. Nice. The water levels are high, Little Troy is green with flowers and the kids and dogs had a blast running around and exploring Troy even finding a Beaver dam, no signs of the beavers tho. Saturday I took the kids on the small bikes up and down the Fish Troy connector trail. Sunday we took a loop with everyone except the smallest bikes. Jackass -> Albanita -> Beach Ridge to camp. My rookie buddy reported the entire trail as "EDGE OF DEATH"!

Monday, Thumbs, Bundy and I take off in the morning to get some of what was left that was open, the big snows of the winter have left many many downed trees to be cut from the trails. We headed out Mahogany -> Rattle snake -> Beach meadow to Bonita meadow. Beach offered a fun climb to Bonita with lots of water on the trail. Bonita had tons of purple and yellow flowers and flowing water. Beauty. Ribbon across the trail marking it closed prevented any access to points beyond. Back down beach to Rattlesnake and on down following the creek. I have never seen so much water in the creek making the trail and crossings fun but all very easy. Climb back out of Rattlesnake on Beach following the trail until it leads to the dirt road where we pick up Albanita. At Albanita & Beach Ridge we discuss if we take Beach Ridge (shorter) or continue on Albanita to Jackass, But Thumbs scoot is spewing gas to we take a dirt road that leads to pavement and get back to camp before the remaining fuel is gone, thanks to Placelast for showing me that little entry/exit point.

I should note that I now have beaten the "rag in the airbox" incident... In the hectic climate of getting trailer, bikes, hammocks, zip line, smokers and other "required" camping equipment, I failed to bring a critical part of the yz250. The pipe. :whoa: I had replaced water pump shaft seals and bearings and ran out of time to re-jet before having to go, so my brilliant idea is to leave the pipe off and re-jet once there and the pipe being off allows a little better carb access. Leaving the pipe in the garage was not part of that plan :bang: Luckily there was enough bikes in the corral and I ended up borrowing my friends "wife bike" a low hour Kouba lowered CRFX 250. I really enjoyed the chick bike and found I was able to ride it at a nice clip, it pulled well enough on the trails considering it only fires every other time it sees TDC and has to sling all that extra valves, cams and chain. ;)

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I should note that I now have beaten the "rag in the airbox" incident...
I failed to bring a critical part of the yz250. The pipe.

I have passed the torch. Thanks Chris.

I have to add that after a good 3 hour rain Bundy and I suited up and hit the trail. Not a single bit of dust, fresh tracks, empty trails, cool weather and tons of traction and smiles. It was EPIC.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I am going back for more tomorrow. Rained all week. Bike in truck. Jetted. Pipe is on. And I even started it...

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
good to see you guys are still heading up there to ride. I hear the trails arent being managed up that way much anymore.

Rich

Top Bottom