KLX450 First Impression on Dirt Rider Magazine

DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
http://www.dirtrider.com/tests/offroad/141_0703_kawasaki_klx_450/

Ok, I ride Yamaha now but used to ride Kawasaki's in the 1980's (KX500) so hopefulley I can post here :)

I've been keeping my eye out for the KLX450 since its press release. This is the first ride impression I have read.

Has anyone seen one at a dealer yet? I am most interested in how heavy/tall the bike feels. Thats my issue (I am 5' 6") with the WR and the CRFX is the height/weight (also one reason I like my YZ250, light and narrow so height isn't as much an issue).

If anyone has physically sat or ridden one it would be interersting to hear your opinions (and how they compare to Dirt Rider) on weight and seat height.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I haven't seen one yet but I expect it to be much like the KXF. I'm thinking that this bike may be the best offroad Kawasaki since the KDX 200. The KLX450 sure looks good in the specs and the modern styling is very good. The heavy/tall feeling is going to be simular to all of the 450F's. If Kawasaki has made the suspension plush from the factory, the tall/heavy feeling might not be as noticeable as its MX brother.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Thanks for the links. I've ridden a KXF450 offroad and it was surprisingly good. I think this bike will be even better. If I was in the market for a new bike, this would be one I would consider.

Top Bottom