kawi kx 250

Oct 6, 2006
I have a 93 kx250 with a big bore. I was wondering what anyone recommends as far as jetting and crab setting for the new displacement. I have a uni air filter and am pretty close to sea level. Please help... thanks

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
well chances are if you have a crab in your bike then it's not gona work. :) welcome to the forums. someone here with knowledge will help you.

KXtrailrider

Sep 12, 2004
My 310 is very close to stock jetting, a little leaner everywhere I think is how I ended. My rad valve made a bigger change in jetting than the big bore did. I would start with stock and work from there. Good luck. Ed

kshackleton

Oct 12, 2005
KXtrailrider said:
My 310 is very close to stock jetting, a little leaner everywhere I think is how I ended. My rad valve made a bigger change in jetting than the big bore did. I would start with stock and work from there. Good luck. Ed

Where did you get the big bore kit from? I have a 2001 kx 250 and I am thinking of going that route so that I get a better bottom end.

KXtrailrider

Sep 12, 2004
I had Eric do it at Foward Motion almost 2 years ago. Put in a 98 1'st gear,all the other gears are the same but 1'st is higher on the 99-01 bikes, it helps alot. For the most lowend I use a 13oz. flywheel weight,rad valve,gnarly pipe,and a 98 ignition system all including 1'st gear gotten off egay. The bike is very strong. Compares nicely to my friends 05 KTM300exc. Good luck. Ed

Top Bottom