ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Just a note to let the guys in the SCWC know why I haven't participated in any of the great rides you all have been on lately.

I have spent the last couple of months jumping through all the hoops in order to get hired by FedEx. Out of 44 original applicants a couple of months ago they finally selected 4 of us. Yesterday was our first day.

My schedule will be pretty intense for the next few weeks as I go through their extensive training program. Yes, I'll be one of those smily guys you see picking up and delivering your packages!

:)  Who knows, I might even lose a couple of pounds now! :laugh:

So anyways, I figure it's probably not a good thing to go out right away and get all banged up on the bike, plus I still have to settle on the insurance thing. (I'll be checking out what COBRA would set me back until the new bennies kick in.) So I'll still be lurking here on the SoCal board living out my ride fantasies through all of your reports.

I hope to be back out there with you all soon!:thumb: :thumb: ktmboy

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Congrats dude! Great to hear it, seems like an awesome place to work. I know that MX727 and his wife both work for Fed ex as pilots. Talk to you soon.;)

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Glad to hear things are working out for you. Have fun and be safe on the road. What area are you working?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy

I hope to be back out there with you all soon!:thumb: :thumb: ktmboy [/B]

We hope so too Boy. :thumb: Great news on the new job. That is an excellent company to work for. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
How does the pay work out? Hourly or Salary? What neighborhood does a driver who has been there for a year or two make in a year? I'm always got my eyes open for different jobs, since I never know when I might be looking.

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
Big Congratulations ktmboy :thumb:

My brother in law works for them in Colorado and loves his job. Hopefully you're working relatively close. Who knows, maybe your schedule will open up even more hours for riding.

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
I just started a new position too, and I must say it cuts down on the riding! Weekends are now full of things to take care of, like honey do's!

Unfortunately sooner or later the meal tickets run out... And as Kiwi says, it is good to work, not that I'd mind being independently wealthy!

Congratulations, it's tough out there now for job seekers. I hope you enjoy it, and Good Luck. ...N

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I just wanted to thank you all for the well wishes, and as soon as I'm on a regular schedule (after training is over) I'll be out there! :yeehaw:

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Hey man, (or 'boy) Congrats! Great company. I'm sure we'll see you soon!

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
COBRA ain't pretty - 103% of you're current costs. Your share plus the company's contribution PLUS 3%. For my wife and I Kaiser medical & Delta dental is just under $500/month. I really need to look into other plans.....

Congrats on the new job.

Brian

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Sounds like things are working out well for you. As soon as you convert from a newbie to a regular KTM let me know. We will head out for a Phelan ride.

Congrads on the Change
Rich

Top Bottom