lose top end after vforce3 reeds

cr250r2003

Nov 22, 2010
My CR toped out at 75 stoke Reed's. After vforc3, runs great but my top speed seemed to drop(63mph) any info? Also looking to make the bike run great through all ends to keep up with the 450s

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
did you bump your speedo when you installed the reeds?? if not i would believe your bike just needs time to get used to the new setup

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
ellandoh said:
did you bump your speedo when you installed the reeds?? if not i would believe your bike just needs time to get used to the new setup

Get used to the new setup? No...

Check your installation, and you might need to make some adjustments on your jetting.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
ellandoh said:

Maybe his speedo just needs to be recalibrated for the new reeds.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i personally dont like speedos on my bike. too much dead weight.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
ellandoh said:
i personally dont like speedos on my bike. too much dead weight.

Plus, other than just scaring the hell out of yourself on a flat straight rode, who really cares what the top end is?

For that, don't you have to get into top gear? On most MX tracks I'm doing good to get out of 2nd or 3rd.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What a bunch of tighty wearin homos! Everybody knows top speed is where it's at man. If you don't have more top speed than your buddy then he's automatically faster than you everywhere. Nobody cares if you have skillz just the claim to top speed.

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
They did no better on the Italian bicycle racing team, they figured out underwear was heavier. Didn't they outlaw them in racing? Vintage Bob

maybe they should just be outlawed in general

mx746

Mar 13, 2004
Double up on the gasket on that vf3 they have a very poor sealing surface, but the actual reeds themselves are really very nice.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
mx746 said:
Double up on the gasket on that vf3 they have a very poor sealing surface, but the actual reeds themselves are really very nice.

That's sound advice.

I went to the local auto supply store and bought a sheet gasket material and made my own gaskets ($3.00 for a sheet), I also added one in between two of the mating surfaces of the cage and that fixed a top end air leak that caused breaking up on my bike. It's kind of a shame that the vForceIII's have that problem because they're great other than that little design flaw. Maybe they'll work that out in future productions, but for now it's an easy fix.

Top Bottom