NEOregon

Jan 24, 2004
Katy and I made it home safe today. Left Reno at 6:15 am. Pulled into Pendleton at 4:30 pm. Missed most of the storm. :) Hit snow between Ontario and Baker City and ran out of the snow about 20 miles from Pendleton. Saw two trucks in the ditch.

We had a great time, but are glad to be home now. Am wondering about many of you. Let us know that you made it home safely.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Left the Peppermill at 6:00am, 475 miles later Julie and I pulled into my driveway in warm sunny SoCal. at 1:30pm. All reports and signs said that snow chains were required from the 208 to the 158 but we were never stoped and didn't need them. :)

One white chevy van in the ditch. :ohmy:

Ditto on the glad to be home.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I left the Peppermill at 6 a.m. Pacific time this morning and made it home safe and sound at 7:15 Eastern time tonite. I'm glad to be home, but I'm sad...the cab driver that brought me to the airport pretty much convinced me that I need to move to Reno anyway!

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Me and the wife made it home safely, in about 7hrs. left Reno in a T-shirt and shorts :joke: and made it home in a blizzard and 32degree weather. Sat. I smoked my clutch a little bit going through town in the accord and was a little worried about making it home but I babied it and all went well.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Left the Peppermill at 1:00 AM Pacific, got home at 5:00 PM Mountain. I miss Zio :whiner:

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
did ya tell him yet about the sausage???

I left at 4am, and took jenny wit me to the AP we had breakfast, if ya wanna call it thet, and we went out seperate ways around 6am i was sitting at the gate, and someone yelled my name, i looked up, and found eddie and aimee going my way on the same flight home. got home aroud 3 central. then went strainght to the bone cracker to fix me up! momma greeted me with a beer and a roto rooter truck in the driveway. nice. then, off the scout court of honors. she didn't see any of the pics until a few minutes ago. she darn near split a gut over the blender vids!

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
gnarlykaw said:
did ya tell him yet about the sausage???
Do you mean the "Little Smokie" or the "Vienna Sausage?" :eek:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Me and Red and Nik-dog left Reno around 10 am, they had a 2 pm flight out of Sacramento and needless to say, the traffica and the incoming storm kept them from making that flight. 6 hours later, I brought them home with me to Modesto and we went and had Mexican food at the place down the street, we went back to my place and watched a little TV and then I took them back to Sacramento for an 11:25 PM stand-by. What a long day for those two!! They don't even arrive in Chicago til 5:15 am.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Arrg.... 25 hours later.... I'm back in Chicago and at work. Sleeping in moving objects SUCKS! Lets see my sleep over the last 28 hours has consisted of:

- 1.8 hrs in Natty's SUV
- 1.5 hrs on a plane
- 0.1 hrs on a airport tram
- 0.5 hrs in my truck
- 0.3 hrs at home in a NON-MOVING bed
- 0.6 hrs on a train
- and 0.1 hrs on a bus

But we had an awesome trip so it's all good!! :thumb:

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
Angela and I made it home by 7:00 last night. Thankfully no snow, just rain almost all the way.
I'm sure glad that the storm waited until we were done riding to move through. :thumb:

Kent

Last edited:

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Susan and I rolled out of the PepperMill at 9am on Monday in the little "WRX from Hell"... had nothing but clear roads and rain on the way home. Thanks to Mr. Valentine we were able to avoid any conversations with the Revenue Agents.

About 604 miles and 10 1/2 hours later we rolled into Portland, Oregon safe and sound.

Cheers! RandyB (E-Ticket)/SusanP (The Ant)

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
We pulled out about 1pm Sunday, and got home about 12 hours later. Clear rodes until about 10 miles from home!!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Pretty uneventful trip home except for a trailer flat, left about midday from Moonrocks and arrived home at 9pm.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Left downtown Reno at 12:30 Monday afternoon and got to Santa Rosa at 10:30 Monday night. Took me 4.5 hours to get to Reno on Friday.... It was 3 hours to Truckee - 30 miles, 5 hours to Sacramento - ~100 miles. I had to stop a couple of times and get out of the truck for an hour or so.

It is nice pulling your bathroom with you:) I stopped at the rest stop at Donner Summit to stretch, pee and eat a sammich. The line for the restrooms was ~50 people long - I just unlocked the trailer.

Brian

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
After a quick hot tub soak and a little sleep, we left Nevada at 12:30 AM and made it back to Colorado in 16.5 hours. 'Still a little groggy... 'Glad to hear everybody else made it home safely too!

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
It is nice pulling your bathroom with you I stopped at the rest stop at Donner Summit to stretch, pee and eat a sammich. The line for the restrooms was ~50 people long - I just unlocked the trailer.
I agree, Brian! It saved my life.
We left Moonrocks at 7:30 PM on Sunday. It started snowing around Truckee. Traffic wasn't bad at all, but we had to drive 30/mph due to the limited visibility and snow between Truckee and Auburn. We got home 11:45 PM on Sunday.
Mini

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I returned home safe and sound at 9:15 PM CST after a uneventful drive down from Lou's house. We pulled out of Moonrocks at 8:55 AM PST yesterday.

Total time from Moonrocks to my house via Lou's house was 35 hours. It was a balmy 14 degrees F last night in the passes of Colorado.

We drove across the "Loneliest Road in America" ... aka US 50 to I70. I have to agree that it is lonely, but really beautiful.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
We left the Peppermill about 10:30 am Monday, roads were wet but good until we got to the I-84/SR95 junction. They had turned to crap so we opted for the Interstate instead of the 2 laner. After slip sliding through the first mountain pass and thinking about what the rush was for - get home at midnight, unload bikes & be to work Tuesday morning, we decided the El Dorado Motel in Baker City looked inviting.

A refreshing night's sleep and woke up to more snow with more coming down we headed towards home. Followed the tandem snowplows all the way to just outside of La Grande and hit wet but clear roads again. Hit Spokane just in time to pick the kids up at school Tuesday afternoon, with the truck still loaded. After a few attempts at the slush covered driveway we were happily unloading the bikes into their own little shop beds.

Top Bottom