GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
When we submit this bike to Dirtrider, I think we need to capture what this bike represents - not just that the DRN forum had a hand in voting on what parts and pieces and equipment are on the bike. There's a lot more involved in this bike than the choices of armour and color of plastic.

There's history, there's commeraderie, there's teamwork. There's education and participation. There's pro race sportmanship and family spirit atmosphere.

How do we get that all across with the submission?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Fortunately we have a guy who made his bones in Marketing before starting DRN and we have one of the best graphic designers in the Nation.

The best part is that we all know how important the comraderie and relationships that have been built on DRN is.

It is going to be all good :)

Ivan

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Invite them to DirtWeek? :think:

You're right, it will be hard to get the point across that we are more than just a bunch of people on the Internet that share an interest in motorcycles. We are a much more closely-knit group of friends who not only like to ride motorcycles, but enjoy bench racing around the campfire just as much. That is a concept that will be hard to grasp for those who have never been to one of the DirtWeeks or group rides...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm pretty sure most of the magazines have been invited to DW but, most seem to have a conflict for some reason. I do find it quite amusing that it's something that never seems to get the big coverage it really deserves yet the supposid "authorities" of the sport do rides at far away places that most folks could never hope to attend .

Perhaps this is just a beginning of a print magazine "getting it". I think Jimmy would totally dig DW if he were to attend.

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
D Lafleur said:
Patman I know Jimmy would "Get It" !

DW 2006 Bench Racer

You know ... I agree ... DirtWeek for me represents everything good about the dirtbike community. We need to make sure that Jimmy is personally invited.

Also, I really like the tone he has taken of late in the magazine regarding sound and other unpopular issues that need to be addressed by our community. I'm sure it has cost him readership, but unpopular stances need to be taken. Dirt Rider is far better than it was even a few years ago and I look forward to getting my copy in the mail every month.

Back to our bike ...

Our AFX is the story about the teamwork and comraderie of the entire site. Everyone has pitched in their thoughts and the final product, while respecting the opinions of many, will reflect the professional vision of the entire DRN community.

I ws worried that some would simply want to bolt on bling for bling's sake, but that has not been the case. This is a purpose driven machine produced by a purpose driven site.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom