AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Alright guys i just got back from ridding and oh my. Anyways this is the story. Im following my friend and he makes a sharp right hand turn, well im in 3rd trying to catch up so i have to like slam on the breaks and turn. Well didn't turn out the way i planned. Their seemed to be a 3-4 foot drop off that i went off of well not off kind of rolled off of. Anyways when i went down it my FMF fatty and skid plate slammed against the dirt and my front wheel hit and i just kind of coasted. Then kept ridding. Well shortly after that i found it hard to turn right. Well i looked at it and my front fender is rubbing against my fmf fatty pipe. You know how it comes out the front and goes low down in the back? Well the back is rubbing which is making it very hard tot urn. It melted down a little but still hits.

My question to you guys is how the hell did that even happen? How would the front fender be hitting my pipe? Any ideas because i have no clue, i thought of everything.

Only thing i can think of is, my front forks were leaking in the truck when they were tied down, and maybe the forks collasped causing it to be lower then normal? I mean the forks dont feel collapsed but thats the only thing i can think of. My pipe didn't move, im pretty sure i didn't bend my forks so i have no clue. Should i just cut the fender and be on my way or what>?

Thanks

I know kind of long

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
My guess is the pipe moved a little bit. Just enough to rub against the fender. I would first remove the pipe and see if it can be repairable with a service like Pacific Crest pipe repair. Maybe just the pipe brackets moved a bit and need to be re-aligned. If that is the case, just removing it and re-installing should solve your problem. In the worst case scenario, I would perhaps consider trimming some plastic just enough to clear because the pipe is much more expensive than a front fender.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom