Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
I remember some talk before DW about putting together a CD of movies and pictures collected from all the dirtweek participants. Is this still gonna happen? If so, I want one!

Larry

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
.... well, the "pro" who was supposed to film the Saturday events failed us. However, I will attempt to work my 2 hours of video, (converted to digital from HI 8 camcorder) down to about one hour, add a selection of pictures and film clips that I received from Tony Eeds and Big Lou, plus my own pics... hopefully add some sound track, all in the studio of a friend in Chicago. An then it will still be a "home movie" on a CD.... I am still begging and hoping to get some footage from someone on the Ladies Race and the C-class race which I did not film (analog or digital anyone?).... No promises, but with the help of a friend may be it won't be too bad..... my friend assures me it's a bigger deal than I imagine: Adobe's Premier 6.5 is intense, even the "lite" version (30 minutes to download via DSL, 5 hours by dial-up).....hope and pray...

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Pokie,

I've got a digital Vid camera, along with lot's of other people (who attended, like Milk and Big Lou). I also have Adobe Premiere and all of the other gadgets for editing. We need to coordinate for next year. I think we can shoot all of the MX races multi camera and I can edit it pretty close to what you see on ESPN. We'll need about 5 guys with Digital cameras. We'll need to have a meeting before the events. We'll need extra operators for when camera guys want to race, but this can be done. We'll exchange ideas on how to video for next year. We need to do Digital dubs from one camera to another in the evenings so that you, and I and others can go home with tons of raw footage to play with.

What do you think?

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
TimR.... you have done some videos with Premier? are you working on your own DW video now?
what footage do you have of this year's event? (I am missing Ladies and C-class). AM doing only snippets of each race with my limited footage.
Next year: I agree we need to coordinate and post cameras around the track and in the woods.....

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Pokie,

I flew to DW this year. JP (Larry) took my bike and I traveled light, so I left the camera at home this year. I'd be happy to work on footage if you want to send it down to me. But, I basically have nothing but memories from this year's event. Last year, '01, I brough 2 still cameras and Dig Vid camera and never got them out of the car! Doh! Next year, I'll do it up right. Sorry.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Timr... I know the feeling. It is so easy to just ride, socialize and ride and forget about the camera. I got 2 hours of video for whole week and could have gotten a lot more, but.... other chores and of course riding. To get decent pictures and videos does take time and effort. Thanks for your offer, if I run into trouble at the studio and cant get enough help there, I'll be calling on you... next year, man!

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Uhhhh... Dang, Pokie! I'm sorry... I'll get you my Hi8 in the mail, it has a little Womens MX and moto 1 of the C. Like I said, I bought the hardware to shoot video to my PC about a week after DW and had been learning to make videos in the evenings. Then I got buried in new PC's (new fiscal year) here at work and I've been bustin' my hump to get them out! I also have VHS copies for Oldguy and JP sittin' here on my desk makin' me feel guilty...
Sorry, guys... I'll take 'em all to UPS tomorrow, I've got about 6 new Dells to get out today!

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
motodawg..... hey I appreciate that. If you ship to the DRN PO Box, please let me know when and I'll go pick it up. I'll also pm you my home address...which would be easier and faster for me....thanks again

Top Bottom