DH2MX

Jun 13, 2014
Colorado
I'm a long time freeride and DH MTB guy that was finally talked into a bike with a motor by the best friend a man could have! I happened to drive by a garage sale and saw this bike in the driveway. Turned out to be a 99 YZ 125 that ran but had "piston slap". It was really only ridden a season then sat under a tarp in a garage for over a decade till I came along. I called up a lifelong friend who's been riding moto for years, sent him a picture, and he basically made my buy it. The guy also threw in a brand new spark arrestor. I dragged it up to my buddy's place, and "we" completely rebuilt it. New bearings, crank, clutch, complete rebuild. So, a few hundred bucks bucks and couple cases of beer later, I finally have my first dirt bike and I've wanted one my entire life. The bummer is I moved and now live over 8,500ft. My buddy has never jetted a bike for this altitude and said 2 strokes are finicky as hell and I needed better advice than he had. I need some help jetting it so if your have the technical knowledge I seek, PLEASE respond to my high altitude jetting post. Cheers and hope everyone has an awesome safe summer!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Cool story, welcome to the world of moto and to DirtRider.Net.
This part of the forum is for introductions, so I'd suggest posting the jetting question in the "Mods, Performance & Repair" section.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom