Mushy front brake on KX 125?

Stab

Sep 29, 2001
What's causing the mushy front brake on a '00 KX 125?
We have blead the system several times and have installed new brake pads.
The lever is just mushy and can be pulled all the way to the grip. It feels like air, but we have blead this thing to death!

The brakes seem to be working ok, just not like they should, nor like the other bikes we have.

Any help here would be appriciated!!

Thanks!:confused:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Did you pump it up and crack the bolt at the master cylinder? That might be where your air is.

gto-17

Aug 31, 2000
Originally posted by Stab
What's causing the mushy front brake on a '00 KX 125?
We have blead the system several times and have installed new brake pads.
The lever is just mushy and can be pulled all the way to the grip. It feels like air, but we have blead this thing to death!

The brakes seem to be working ok, just not like they should, nor like the other bikes we have.

Any help here would be appriciated!!

Thanks!:confused:

:mad: KX Brakes I've had the same problems, I got fed up with the master cylinder and bought a Honda replacement :cool: WOW what a difference :D

I could never get the :whiner: mushy feel out the orignal master cylinder, I tried everything.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
On one of my Kawasakis, the only way to get rid of the air was to take the hose/caliper/master cylinder off the bike and hang it straight on a wall for a few days, tapping the line a few times to get the bubbles to break loose. After dozens of times bleeding the conventional way, taking it off the bike worked perfectly.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I don't understadn all you people. Every KX125 that I have had has had superb brakes IMO. They may be a bit mushy, but I like the modulation that the mushiness provides. I have trouble riding Hondas or any bike with great brakes for that reason, the brakes are like a light switch for me. Use some DOT 4 brake fluid and bledd them perfectly and they should be fine. EBC pads also help a bunch.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
take the mc off of the hanlebars, and hang it in such a way that the highest point IS the mc. Then, carefully push the piston (behind the brake pad) all the way back into the caliper. This should force any trapped air up into the mc.

also, when I fill the mc, i put enough in so that it will overflow a bit when I put the cap/bladder on. wrap a rag around it. this way, there isn't any air that can enter the system in case of a tip-over.

Top Bottom