BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
When our group rolled in, the fun began. The next morning we went to get signed in and started meeting people. With the sounds of bikes all around, I knew this was going to be fun. First we hit the GP track, then came the Poker run. I got lucky enough to be the first bike around and missed getting roosted thru the back section of mud. However, someone made there way around me and the mud seemed to be zeroing in on me. The third lap had Motometal, Justql, and myself side by side through the off camber turns and uphills. What a sight, three bikes hauling tail uphill, roost a flyin' and all three bikes in a wheelie! Looked just like the scene from ON ANY SUNDAY. From there, we went to the MX track. OUCH, that ended my day. I had made the double double twice but the third time planted me. Firemedic came to the rescue and checked me out. I made my way back to camp to lick(drink) my wounds.
A few adult sodas later, I was hobbeling thru the pits enjoying the people and conversation. Friday, I spent watching everyone and being thankful that I was still there. I got to see some awsome stuff during the team HS. I hope the pics turn out. Watching the riders hit the creek and then the mud section before the big hill was definitely intertaining. That night I got a big kick out of Justql's new "night time poker run boots". You could hear the whoopin' and hollerin' over the bikes in the darkness, that was cool.
Saturday, I got the Mamba down to the wash station, brought it back and made some adjustments, and tried throwing a leg over the seat. YES! I suited up for the group photo and set out for some easy trail riding. I'm glad I did. I had a blast. Then I flagged for the MX races. This was fun. Seeing all those KDX'rs flyin' and having a blast was a great experience. Watching Billywho fly by with the rear wheel ten inches higher than the front was so cool. He looked like he was on rails. This was just pure fun.
Eventhough, I was injured, I had a blast. That last night was delightful, sitting around the campfire shooting the breeze. I really hated to have to go home. Great people doing what they enjoy is just hard to leave.
Thanks everyone for your well wishes and I'm really glad I made it to the festivities. Heck, I even got my first ever trophy!:p I guess I'm lucky at cards too.

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Hows the back doing? I did the exact same thing you did but on Saturday about a half hour before the MX race. Got one nasty bruise on my side and back but was still able to race the C class MX race.

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
RE:Hows the back doing?

Still bruised up and sore. I will likely need my back aligned again this coming week. But I'm MUCH better now.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Re: RE:Hows the back doing?

Originally posted by BSWIFT
Still bruised up and sore. I will likely need my back aligned again this coming week. But I'm MUCH better now.

BS wift, Glad to here you are doin better, you didn't respond to one of those "home in one piece" threads, did you?:p

Top Bottom