JMD

Jul 11, 2001
All right, you North Texas riders. Let's get together at Muenster on Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving, to burn off some of that excess fat around the middle and cholesterol in the tubes that we'll accumulate on Thursday. A good workout Friday and Saturday ought to justify an extra piece of pie on Thanksgiving, too. Who's interested?

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
Hey JMD, call me a gung ho newbie, but I'm thinking about riding the 500 with the Heartland Spodes on Friday, then driving down to Muenster Friday night. Is that hardcore or what?

Toby

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
We'll probably make it. Tangell, Have you ever been to the 500? Great woods riding there. Sounds like you've got some fun planned.

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
Stan_F, nah, it's been horrendously muddy at the 500 ever since we bought the bikes. I do have my annual pass to the 500, just waiting for things to dry out a bit. We do really want to get back to Muenster though, so I'm hoping our bodies and equipment (and my wife's patience) will hold up long enough to make this post-Thanksgiving romp. :-)

Toby

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Stan, why don't we gather in the big meadow, down by the big tree, if we can? I'll be driving my big white conversion van, towing a black open trailer, with an orange KTM 400 and a black 200. Sounds like an integrated outfit, doesn't it? I know what Toby's rig looks like; what are you driving these days, Stan?

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Looks like we may have relatives over that weekend, so we will have to see if plans hold out for this trip. If we do come, we'd like to park in the big field with the covered picnic tables (are you talking about the field on the left or right as you go down the dirt road towards the creek?? We(XR Guy and I) might bring the camper, but we'll have to see about that,too, if we make it. I should know more tonight, I'll post then.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Jeeezzz -
Just when I go up to Okie to ride the 500 I miss a good ride @ Muenster; sounds like tangell has the best of both worlds - ride the 500 one day and Muenster the next :worship: .

Have fun @ Muenster!

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Guys, we're not going to be able to make that trip :( We were going to go Sunday, but the'yre having a TORRO race. Now I'm just going to Marshall Creek tomorrow, I really want to take advantage of this rare and great weather. If anyone wants to go there, I'll be in a little white Mitsubishi truck, with a DRN sticker on the rear window. I ride a KDX 200 with DRN fender stickers.

Last edited:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
The TORO race was amazing. It will be fun to ride most of it later, as the markers will stay up. Only a portion of the grass-track section will be behind a locked gate; the rest is on open trails. We have two or three definite maybes for the Turkey Day thing, and I'm still talking to people one by one.

Last edited:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Are you guys still going? We might yet be able to go. We will be having company that week, and we're not sure when they'll be leaving. My dad has to work Sunday, so Saturday is our only chance--if the relatives leave before then. We might even be able to bring the camper Friday night, and leave Saturday night. We probably won't know if we can make it until the last minute, but I'll post as soon as I find out.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Jimbo and I are definitely going. I'm going even if nobody else goes. I'll be going even if Jimmy doesn't go. I'm probably going even if I don't go. It would be great to see you out there, Stan. Look for my white Chevy conversion van out somewhere in the big meadow. My favorite spot is under the big tree, but if it's taken I'll be somewhere out there.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
If we make it, we'll be in a beige F-350 crew cab long bed 4x4. I ride a KDX with DRN fender stickers, and my dad will be on a white XR600. What do you ride?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I ride a KTM 400 with all orange plastic and a black seat; Jimbo rides a black and silver KTM 200. We may also bring our little pit bike, a red XR100.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
That's just in our little party. I think there will be several others there as well, like Hugh B. and his son, possibly Everret, maybe Enduro Nut on Friday. Looks like it will be cold, so I'm bringing some firewood and a generator.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Can't make this one for sure yall. Too bad, I'd like to, however I've gotta work both days. Friday morning we'll be driving back from Houston then gotta work at 5:30 then work all day Saturday.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Will anyone be going on Sunday? My dad has to work on Saturday, but Sunday is likely. Just our luck that you guys are going on Saturday :think: Is anyone camping out and staying until Sunday?

Top Bottom