~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Nascall=WWF plain and simple

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
CR Swade said:
Nascall=WWF plain and simple

And when I saw that happening in the early '90s I gave up on it. But the Daytona 500 is still the Daytona 500. I'd go there every year if I could. Of course, half the reason is just to get out of Ohio and into Fla.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
MrLuckey said:
And which part was it that broke and dropped both sides a full inch in the rear? Funny how nobody seems to be able to pinpoint the breakage and tell about it...or maybe I missed it in the articles I read. Nascrap!

I don't recall reading any where that both sides were low.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Fact is this, Nascall has had a proven history of bending or outright redefining rules that appear to affect outcomes. Questionable cautions come to mind immediately. I've said this before, anytime you have restrictor plate engines alongside a tech inspection crew that is part of the sanctioning body you have TONS of room for rule enforcement variations. If you know beforehand that tech is looking the other way via the Nascall, then it is indeed "your day to have a good day"

Quick question, is Nascall is so intent on "cracking down" on infractions then why on God's green earth did they somehow muff this one so badly w/ regards to the caution. By their own rules, Mark Martin is the winner...check it out.

I'm pretty sure Toyota was in Nascall's corporate crosshairs, but no way to prove it. This crap is WWF on wheels and mouthbreathers everywhere are spooning it up like chocolate pudding.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
CR Swade said:
Quick question, is Nascall is so intent on "cracking down" on infractions then why on God's green earth did they somehow muff this one so badly w/ regards to the caution. By their own rules, Mark Martin is the winner...check it out.
according to Mark Martin, anyway

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
splatt said:
WTF is Nascall?
Conspiracy theorists say that certain racers get "The Call" as to whether they are going to win or not. I believe that talk started in when Earnhardt Jr. won the Firecracker 400 the year his dad died at Daytona. You could probably go back further (1984 when Petty won his 200th, for example), but whatever.

I admit it. I watch it. But I don't watch rasslin'

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
The last NASCAR race I watched was the 2001 Daytona 500. I used to watch it more when you could tell what the car was without the decals telling you what it was.

Steve

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
So when is Ricky supposed to make his NASCAR debut?? I was assuming it was this year some time since he is only racing limited supercrosses??

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
He won't be running with the big-dogs anytime soon. He'll be running minor league stuff.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
heeeeeeeeeeeee, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

a friend of mine races, can't tell you which class, he finally talked me into going to watch him race. It was sorta cool hanging out in the pits and seeing how much work went into his car, however the racing was bogus and boring...they would actually "race" for about 1/2 lap, then there would be a crash etc. and yellow flag/pace around the track, finally get all lined up to race again, then 1/2 lap later it was back to yellow flag again. Duh!

I wonder how many divorces were stock car related? I've heard the stories of families where ALL the collective income went into the stock car, and the kids wore rags and ate generic ramen noodles...oh well, I can think of worse hobbies

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
motometal said:
I wonder how many divorces were stock car related? I've heard the stories of families where ALL the collective income went into the stock car, and the kids wore rags and ate generic ramen noodles...oh well, I can think of worse hobbies

When I turned 30, I bought a major POS street stock. I won't bore y'all with the details but it was a piece of junk. I race it one time, finished last and had more fun than I'd ever had with my clothes on.

I promptly sold the car and never raced a stock car again. I knew that it would be worse than a crack addiction.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
When I worked for IBM at the Olympics in Atlanta I went up to Woodstock to Dixie Speedway with a coworker who raced dirt track up there. It was very cool!

They over-watered the clay track then made the entry level class run laps until the track dried out enough to be good. Those poor guys all had 200 lbs of mud on their cars before they ever got to race.

My friend was running Late Model (either the top class or one down, I don't remember). He was in third, second place was holding him up, and the leader was getting away. He came out of the turn at one end, drove up under the car in front of him, and carried his butt all the way down the straight. When he dropped him off at the end the other guy got pushed way outside and my friend went by on the inside. When they came off the track I was expecting a fight but apparently that kind of contact is "normal" for that level of dirt track racing. I could get into that kind of racing.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I usedto frequent Hialeah Speedway in Miami FL. There was a guy there who won the mini division every weekend. Every weekend he'd have to start dead last and work his way up to win. Despite constant inspections and teardowns, I never heard of him getting busted for anything illegal.

One weekend someone put a $100 bounty on his head. As he was charging through the pack he passed someone on the front stretch on the outside. The guy who was being passed took an abrupt right hand turn and put him right into the wall.

And speaking of things illegal. I recall another time when the DEA showed up and arrested several racers. Seems as though they were financing their racing habits by selling white powdery substances. Imagine!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I'm not stereotyping anyone (this time anyway), but if you think about it, if you had a bunch of money to blow (regardless of where it came from), isn't racing one of the obvious fun ways to do it? I think there are a few drag racers (cars and bikes) that are funded by illegal transactions as well.

Top Bottom