truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I have not raced a full race series since 2001 when I raced with JMX for motocross.

Since then I have raced a few NCHSA and Mid-East harescrambles but mostly just raced for fun with MX or a team Harescrambles (did the DP 12 hour twice and Perry Mountain 24 hour once).

In the past the NCHSA tracks were too short and too tight for my taste and the Mid-East races were more open and had more mileage.

However, I raced the last NCHSA race of the season (the Denver Finale) last year and it was by far the best race course I have ever been on. It had a little of everything and I did not want to stop when I finished even though I crashed and busted my knee a bit.

Now the NCHSA also has a new class on their class info page that breaks up the Vet C class into two classes. Vet C 30-34 and Vet C 35-40.

I'm 36 and really like the idea of the Vet C breakdowns.

The Mid-East series has tracks more suited to my liking but start earlier on Sunday and I have to work every 3rd Sunday each month until 11am so there are some Mid-East races I would have to miss.

However, the NCHSA afternoon race doesn't start until 3pm and they are now going to offer online sign up so that makes it even easier for a working man like myself to do all the races.

Decisions decisions.

:)

For those of you who race Mid-East and NCHSA what are your thoughts on the last two years of tracks? What are the highlights and lows of each series?

Ivan

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Ivan a friend of mine was an avid NCHSA for a number of years. He felt that the races were much more professionally ran and he liked the tracks better. I have some friends that run the Mid-East as well, but they are on quads. Everyone says that the ME races are fun, but that all their trails are starting to get very worn in. I have only ever been to one of their tracks(the airport race in hickory) and have to say that track was VERY worn in, but I do also understand that its impossible to judge a whole series based on one track. ;)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Well, my work schedule made the decision for me. Mid-East has 5 races that conflict with my work schedule. I work the 3rd Sunday of every month from 6:30am - 11am. I can't make those 5 Mid-East races but I can make 1 of the 2 NCHSA races that conflict b/c they start later.

The one NCHSA I would have to miss is Devil's Ridge. I can't make it from Greenville, SC to there by 2pm.

So, I am signed up and ready to go in Vet C 35+ with the NCHSA... number 899.

Hope to see a few of you guys out there!

First race is coming up March 9th at Daniel's Ridge. I have raced it before and really like the course they had then.

Ivan

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I run both, but mideast full time or at least my son does.
With your work schedule I think NCHSA would work best for you for sure. Your right NCHSA tracks have alot of single track and tight stuff and MidEast is more open. NCHSA does not run atv's so they can get by with hand cut single track. MidEast runs atv's in the afternoon race that makes for a wider course but some tracks have some single track for the bikes that they take out for the atv race. MidEast is also adding a few new tracks this year. They are both a good series. I think mideast sign-up works a little smoother and they stay closer to the intended start time. Don't be alarmed if you sit on the line at NCHSA for more than an hour. If you have the urge to race and nchsa has an off weekend come up run a mideast. Good luck maybe we will run into each other sometime.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I will definitely run as many Mid-East races as possible with my schedule and finances!

I'll keep #899 with green backgrounds. Team Turtle will also be on the front number plate and Truespode on the side panels.

Say hi if you see me!

Ivan

Top Bottom