northbay

Mar 26, 2007
Hey everyone, I have a 1998 RM125 and was hoping someone could help me out with some problems it has. First off, the chain snapped while riding last year and put a small hole in the casing in front of the fsprocket. It's very small, maybe .4 -.5 cm big. I asked around and a lot of people recommended i try JB Weld. So i did, and its held all winter, and I have now started it a few times no problem. Do you think this will hold up at all for a ride? Is it just a quickfix and should I look for a new case? Also, I bought the chain to put on the bike, but when i removed the nut on the rear axle I found my axle seized..I mean it moves forward and backwards along the swingarm on the side i removed the nut from, but it will not budge otherwise. I have tried all kinds of lubrication products but still nothing. I have put a block of wood on the axle and tried to hit it out. I am now waiting for a brass punch from a friend so I can try that. My fear is damaging the swingarm from hitting it too hard. Does anyone have any suggestions/experiences/or advice on this? Any help would be awesome, thanks!

2strks4evr

Feb 5, 2007
i used jb on abuddies bike that broke the same way.it lasted quite a while then started leaking.as far as the bolt goes,leave the nut on the end while hitting it.start out with gentle hits and progressivly strengthen your blows.if it moves, move it as faras possible then hit it back to the start and repeat.it should get easier.if u mess somthing up, it needed replacing anyway.

Top Bottom