need help with suzuki 2000 rm250 front shocks

killer454

Jan 3, 2011
i went trail rideing with a buddy of mine and let him ride my bike and he slamed it into a tree.i dont care about the bike im just glad he did not get hurt.
the problem is the front suspesion does not want to work up and down anymore.i have checked it 2 times to see if the front tubes are bent but cant seem to see they are bent.
its like rideing a bike with solid front end no up and down at all.
anybody have any ideas
what would you guys do to figure this out?

thanks for the advice

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The triple clamp may be twisted and binding the forks up. Are the front wheel and handle bars lined up straight?

I've seen bent forks that still move, it takes a lot to keep them from moving at all and you'd see it. Not that they aren't bent and causing the problem but check the triple clamp first.

Something may have broken inside too but you'll need to pull the forks off the see if they move individually to see which side to check first.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I would suggest loosening the bolts in the triple clamps that hold the fork tubes then move things around until they seem free again. Be careful to make sure you don't overtighten them when you tighten them back up, I don't have the specs here but they don't take too much torque.

Top Bottom