fordfreak300

Jul 30, 2006
Hey guys, I am new here. I am from The palmsprings area of Southern California. I am in teh proccess of rebuilding a 1982 Honda XR200R. It has come a long way but has a long way yet to go. I hope to get to know ya guys better.

P.S. I hope riding in teh middl eof the desert and sand(not sand dunes) qualifies as close enough to dirt for you guys. It's hard pack sand and there is some dirt mixed in. I swear there is, and if not I'll go mix some in if it helps.. :)

FF300

xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
fordfreak300 said:
I do have some pics, but obviously I need to read some rules. I went to post som elinks and it said I needed to remove the links.
That is true..I forgot you must post up a few times so they know your not a Spammer :p

fordfreak300

Jul 30, 2006
Ohh well lets talk back and forth a few times and I will post up the pics then lol...

So a little info about the bike. I got it for free in not running condition. The carb was off and a few parts missing, the intake was missing, no rear fender, all the levers were broke. Also missing was the rear fender and part of the air box. The original reason the bike got parked was the previous owner said he cracked the case and it leaked oil. I procceeded to take the left side case off and extract the broken bolt, actually put a gasket on since it was missing and put a new bolt in. There was no crack in the case.

The bike had been spray painted yellow and was in dire need of help. I stripped it down and started painting it back to normal. Although the frame is supposed to be red, I painted it black. The tank and front fender are now red again. I need to reassemble the carb and wait for the new intake I bought to arrive so I can install the carb and test fire the bike. Once it has ran I will buy everything else needed for the bike to be ridable and take it out for a test ride.

fordfreak300

Jul 30, 2006
I painted them with krylon fusion red. I did a very light coat, after sanding them down. My original intentions were to sand them down and polish them to look new again. There were so many gouges from teh years of abuse that I decided a light coat of paint to make them shinny was enough. In the near future after the bike is running and rideable I plan on going to a newer style front fender and posibley to a newer style gas tank and seat. Just getting it running at first is the main concern though

fordfreak300

Jul 30, 2006
Well here are some before and during pics. I warn ya though it is very ugly to start off with. Right now I am just finishing off a rebuild of the carb. I had to order all the hard parts from honda. I still have a few things to get for it but I am getting closer.

163724516.jpg

163724372.jpg

168281435.jpg

168281433.jpg

xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
Yeah it dont matter what it looks like as long as it runs. I painted my Rad shrouds and didnt sand them.. :yikes: really looks like crap,Ill have to sand them down tomorrow. :bang:

fordfreak300

Jul 30, 2006
Like I said it was really ugly when I got it home. It is looking much better now. I am also currently trying to aquire a black seat instead of the blue one. As far as the painting goes, I figure it will get scratched up in the mean time riding and I can can just sand it all down again and add another light coat of paint.

The flames were cool but where pealing off. I have thought about adding them again but in white on the red just for fun. It could be cool again. :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Howdy from the DFW Metromess and welcome to the site :cool:

Have you completely filled out your info in your CP? Be sure and do so. After that grab a spot on the couch.

Fill us in on the who, what, when, where, and how long, and we will try and hook you up with some fellow members.

Have a question? Try search and you might find a plethora of information in the database. If not, post your question and you will likely get some very knowledgeable responses, sprinkled with a bit of humor.

Check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers in your area.

Again, welcome to DRN. We hope you enjoy your stay here and come back often!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom