New to Moto photography and this site

kenc1959

Sep 15, 2006
I have been trying to submit a photo for C & C following the directions. I keep coming up with a notice of a spamkiller because of the link for the image. Am I doing something wrong?

I am new to this site and new to motocross photography.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You'll have to get a few posts in before you can put links in threads. Sorry, but it's necessary to help stop the fly-by spammers.

kenc1959

Sep 15, 2006
Thanks, at least I wasnt doing something wrong I guess. Maybe I will use this thread to post an introduction to myself then

kenc1959

Sep 15, 2006
Anyway here goes. Been into photograpghy for nearly 20 years. Mostly wildlife, deer birds, flowers and landscapes. Also did some concert photography for a while back in the late 80's. I never got into any kind of sports photography.
My best friend's fiance owns a track and heard that I was a photographer. He invited me out to take some "snapshots". He gave me run of the track and grounds. At that time, I had a 35mm camera, 20 some odd years old. I went with 15 rolls of film and shot every frame. The time waiting for the pics to be developed was absolute torture and more torture followed. several of the negatives were scratched by the processor. AARRGGHH. almost 200 dollars later, I saw potential. but not in the wallet for developing. I took moneys set aside for developing and got a decent digital, The Pentax IST DL. I love it. I love the fact of taking hundreds of pics at a time, no waiting for developing, no more paying for it either.

The next trip out...its a 4 hour ride to the track, ECX FMX was performing along with the Dist 3 races. I was happy with about 60% of the pictures. Last weekend was another story. THe percentage went up to 75%...that is until I saw some of the pics posted here.

Anyway. I am in Buffalo NY and travel to central NY to photograph the Dist 3 club. The welcomed me with open arms and so far have nothing but compliments for my pics.

Jerry B

Sep 19, 2006
new to here also...

I was having the same problem then saw this post so I figured to use it to get in some of my few post I have to have before I can link photos. I am brand new to photography and a friend told me about this place.

ebers17

Apr 25, 2006
Jerry,
Seth here, send that pic of me i liked in the woods that was a little foggy, and one or two of your favorites from unadilla to my email if you want. I'll take them to my class tomorow morning and play around with them. ebers17@netscape.net you might have to send them one at a time, whatever works. I won't take any credit either, they're yours!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom