soloman69

Feb 27, 2007
Hello!

I'm new to the forum and am just getting back into the MX game after a 16 year break. Don't call be old though, I was on a 1987 KX 80 back then. What a great time to get back into it, I have an indoor track just five minutes from my house! Anyhow, look forward to getting to know you guys.

Ken

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
An 87 KX 80...old... you've got to be kidding If you'd have said 76 RM 80 I might think that your about my age... sunny :laugh:

Welcome to DRN!

DieselTech

Always breakin' something
~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
Welcome, Ken! Funny, that's my name too! I'm rather new here as well, and I'm just getting into mx this year. My 14 year old son raced last year on a YZ80, but he's moving up to a KX250F this year, while my younger (12) son will be taking over the YZ80. I'm planning on racing Sr. C on my CR250, but unfortunately the Army has called me up so the season will most likely be cut short.

Yeah, you are lucky to have the Edge facility close by. I haven't been there yet (I live near Rochester), but I'd like to go. I'd like to plan a time to rent the track for the day (or half day, whatever), but it ain't cheap. I can get a few other people to go and help split the cost - let me know if you might be interested in that - it'd be like $50-75 a person or so, depending on how many people. PM me if interested.

I've never raced mx before, and I haven't really ridden any dirtbikes since I was 17 (I'm 35 now) - but I've been on quads the past few years, so I think I'll be ok (ran my Banshee on the track a few times over the past 2 years - what a beast! It beat the crap outta me!!!). It's probably like riding a bicycle - it all comes back to ya....... ;)

soloman69

Feb 27, 2007
Hey Ken,

Nice to meet you. The Edge facility is pretty nice. I took the wife and daughter over to see it this weekend, but I am yet to actually ride there. I'm definitely interested in renting the track with you, so I'll PM to discuss. A friend of mine from work would like to partake as well, so maybe that will help with the cost.

I never made it to mx racing either. My family didn't have the money to keep up, so I switched over to BMX for most of my teen years. Good times, but just not the same. Anyhow, I'll be in touch.

Ken

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Ken, I'm just south of you...OK an hour south! Do you trail ride...MX?? I Have friends that use that indoor track. When there is snow on the ground we don't have much choice. I don't ride MX much anymore so I doubt I'll try it out but if you want to trail ride sometime, let me know.

We do big trails rides in the Spring and Fall at Paragon in Hazelton PA so keep tuned to the Damn Yankees Dirt Rider forum and places to ride for details.

DieselTech

Always breakin' something
~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
Ken,

Well, apparently you can't pm on these forums ???? At least, I can't find it if you can. But, here's my email: kenneth.d.myers@us.army.mil

I really can't wait to ride!!! According to AccuWeather, next weekend should be close to 50! So, if the snow melts by then, I will finally be able to ride the CR for the first time - it's not even broke in yet (I just bought it last month - it was a leftover at the dealer, so I got a good discount on it).

I'm hoping to get at least 2 or 3 others to join in the track rental - they will be younger riders though, 15-17 years old (my son's friends that race in our district). I have an 18' flatbed trailer, so plenty of room. I just need to scrape the ice & snow off it & mount some d-rings or something in the middle to tie the bikes off with. I'd like to put this whole thing together by the end of March, but that also depends on my Army schedule. So shoot me an email & we'll see what we can work out.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
DieselTech said:
Ken,

Well, apparently you can't pm on these forums ????

You can, but you must be a subscriber.

Welcome to the site and do check out the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders forum for some folks in your area.

soloman69

Feb 27, 2007
RM_guy,

I grew up near Binghamton (Waverly). Broome-Tioga will always be one of my favorite places. Trail riding sounds like a good time to me. I'll check out the Damn Yankees forum too, thanks. Nice to meet you.

Ken

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom