yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
garbo-

no dice on the sand dunes, the local barney fife would love for you to try (they get kinda bored, and would just love to pick on a west coast, dirtbiking hooligan:) ) We have lots of trails that are pure sand. I stick mainly to the tracks (MX not RR). we do have much better beaches and ocean than the west coast. come check it out when it warms up.

Mack Reed

Oct 24, 2001
directions to race

When you take x 123 go south on hwy 321. I think it is the first x on the south bound lane. Just look for hwy 127. Turn right when you get to the end of the exit. stay on that road. The signs should be up. You can go to www.shelby.net/mideast/ and click on links and go to Victory sports. you can find directions there also.

mp4798

Aug 10, 2001
yardpro?

i live in greenville,where do u ride trails in the eastern part of the state? u ever tried buckleberry farms in goldsboro? it the only legal trail riding place ive been able to find near me. let me know if u wanna meet there sometime. ANDYM=whats up hatfield buddy? make sure u tell me about the race in hickory. see ya=mp

andym

Jun 3, 2000
mp4798 - Are things still on for Brown Mtn after Thanksgiving? I've emailed you but never got a response.

Mack Reed - Thanks for the directions, I have no idea where the track is and everything helps.

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
I live in China Grove, North Carolina. I have moved from Pennsylvania and alos looking for places to ride. I enjoy both woods and MX riding. Any suggestions? Where are the trails in hutersville? Thanks

Rebel XR4

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 30, 1999
Garbo,
Welcome to NC. There are great places to ride all over as you have heard here. Brown Mt., and Uhwarrie are fun but with lots of rocks. TNT also sounds great and I hope to try it for my first time SOON. In SC there is a fun place to ride that is open all year in Francis Marion Nat'l Forest near Charleston, aka: The Swamp Fox. They have a dual sport ride Jan the 18th with an enduro the 19th. Some buds and I will be doing the DS the 18th for the third yr. Despite what they say about DOT knobbies and all I have seen two smokes without a tag make the run with no problem. I am not advocating sircumventing the law, I'm just saying I have never seen a problem unless you act like an $#@hole, in which case you will get "lost in the swamp" for a long time. The ride is about 105 miles and a bunch of fun. Totally flat sandy stuff with no hills at all, lots of tight single track and lots of fast fire roads last year. Check it out @ www.familyriders.org. Hey YARDPRO, where on SOBX are some trails? I've been coming to Buxton / Hatteras area for years to fish but have never ridden. Used to stay with Anne and Fodie up in Buxton but now usually stay down in Hatteras. Lemme know where you are and I'll buy you a bowl of bisque at Sandbar some Friday if you show me the trails!

Garbo

Oct 14, 2001
Thanks for the info, sounds like a great ride but I have finished my tour of duty and am back in beautiful southern Cali enjoying the lack of hard tall TREES that just seem to jump out infront of you just as you are getting your confidence back!!!

Although I never got a chance to say goodbye, I wanted to say thanks to High Lord Gomer, Mac, Truespode and the rest for the fun times down at TNT. Hope all is well and Happy Holidays- Garbo

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Garbo, I live just south of Huntersville off Exit 18, there's some good trails out my back yard, excuse me were some, they have trees across them now. I'll get that fixed. Have you ben to TNT yet? I'm sure by now you found some places and buds to ride but yell at me if you want to go some!

ocechap@carolina.rr.com

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
mlhend1 I live in Granite Quarry. about 20min from you in China Grove. I know a few places if you ever wanna go riding.drop me a line at www.flynbryan226@hotmail.com
ocechap, where is huntersville in relation to salisbury? My father-inlaw and I are looking for people to ride w/places to ride.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
rebelXR4 do you have any details about Francis Marion? What part of the park is open to dirtbike/atvs? I checked the site and it didnt give any details for ohv's. Thanks

Rebel XR4

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 30, 1999
flynbryan,
The Francis Marion Natl Forest riding area is called The Wambaw Cycle Trail, named after the Wambaw Swamp Wilderness area. It is a narrow figure 8 shape with two connecting loops of 20 miles each, for a total of 40 miles of offroad trail. If you have a tag or a Vermont license or something like that you have miles and miles of sandy roads to check out too. The rides the 18 and 19 Jan will use some of the trails, some powerline cut-throughs and lots of other stuff. Definately worth it if you ride trails. The DS ride the 18th is supposed to be 105 miles. WEEEHAAA! Wambaw Ranger District can be reached at (843) 887-3257 or if you are in Columbia the Francis Marion and Sumter Natl Forest Main office is at 4931 Broad River Rd, Columbia, SC, 29210, (803) 561-4000. You can get maps of this area and all the others there. The good thing about F.M. Natl Forest is that it is open all year round. Most of the others close from Dec. to April. Maybe HL Gomer can pick you up a map or something if he goes by there. Hope to see some DRN riders there in Jan.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Thanx alot Rebel XR4 I'll have to give Gomer a holler at the TNT New Years event. If Your there I'll be hugging some trees in the trails. #111 on a CRF450 Thanks alot for the info.
Bryan

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Flynbryan, its about 40 minutes to Salisbury from my crib. But hey, I'll travel to get a good ride in?

Email me. ocechap@carolina.rr.com

Flackmore

Oct 20, 2002
Hey, just wondering if you guys could help. I am moving from Cincy. Ohio to Hampton VA. Since I will only be about 30 min. from N.C. I was wondering if there is anything close. I ride trails.

Thanks

Flackmore

Oct 20, 2002
Hey flynbryan we spoke in my post about VA. I ride trails. You told me about some stuff in VA, I was just looking for places in NC since I will be living so close. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom