not new,... more of a returning member

stormi2

Jan 14, 2010
Hi All,

Returning rider stormi here. I couldn't remember my password, and there was no response to my request for help due to a changed email address plus forgotten password.

Anyway, the KTM was jetted properly last summer, which lead to a neat discovery:

Turns out I didn't so much have a height problem as a jetting problem. The KTM and I are getting a long better these days, other than a nearly non-existant front brake. We're going to remedy this in time for the coming riding season though.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome home :)

I like pumpkins ... they are fun!

stormi2

Jan 14, 2010
Hey Tony,

Thanks!

Having the bike running right does mean that I have to take all of the mean comments back about it, but I'm willing to do that if it means I can ride it.

Also I'm going to order all of the parts to change out the master cylinder on the bike to a CR250 master cylinder. That should mean no more coming in hot to a corner and finding out there's no front brake and looking for a "safe-ish" place to bail. :yikes:

stormi

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
stormi2 said:
Also I'm going to order all of the parts to change out the master cylinder on the bike to a CR250 master cylinder. That should mean no more coming in hot to a corner and finding out there's no front brake and looking for a "safe-ish" place to bail.

I read about this recently and it seems to be a good solid alternative. There was a discussion about he length of the plungers being different and that getting a longer one would help to.

I don't use my front brake all that much so don't miss it. Now the rear ... THAT is a different issue. I usually am dragging the rear brake all the time as I fling myself at trees.

stormi2

Jan 14, 2010
Well I look at it this way, in previous years, I've spent so much time fighting with the bike that I didn't ride it. If I fix it with a "once and for all" fix, maybe I won't have to fight (or eat dirt as much) and be more likely to ride.

You don't use your front brake? Really? It's so much stronger than your rear... I use the rear brake mostly for stability. (a Street habit, I think)

You know,.. it's a significantly better idea to fling yourself -between- the trees.....

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I grew up in the era of drum brakes. :)

Even when I fling myself at trees I try not to hit them. Frankly that is why I have pumpkin bikes. They are made for the trees. They ain't skeered of them.

stormi2

Jan 14, 2010
Ahh,.. before my time then. :)

See, the problem isn't that the pumpkins can handle the trees, it's more that I'm scared of the things. They hurt when I bounce off them,... or even rub against them on the way by. :bang:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
stormi2 said:
Ahh,.. before my time then. :)

The older we are
The faster we were :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom