# of links req'd for a 13-49 sprocket combo?

Clark_W

Nov 12, 2002
I am going to buy 13-49 sprockets for my 98 KDX and was wondering if the stock 108 link chain is long enough or do I need to go to 110 links.

If anyone has the 13-49 combo and has used either chain length what are your opinions?

Clark

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I sometimes run that combo and use 110 Link o-ring chain. If you have a non-oring chain it will stretch more and you may only need 108 links.

I would buy the 110 and remove a link if necessary.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Mac, that is bad info.
Both the chains will be the same exact size. The non-oring chain does NOT stetch more than the O-ring chain if maintained properly.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I know the chains are the same size when new.
Maybe I wasn't maintaining my chain properly but my stock non-oring chain needed an adjustment every two or three rides. That thing stretched like a rubber band. This continued for a few months until I replaced my chain with an o-ring chain.

I ran most of last season on that o-ring chain and only made two adjustments which is MUCH less stretching than the stocker.

When I ran 13/49 I was using a 110 link o-ring and was on #8 of the snail adjuster, any more stretching and I would have had to remove a link which is why I made the comment in my first post.

Top Bottom