MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Update: The family and I are heading off for a few days of vacation at a cabin on Lake Michigan, then I'm off to Mayo Clinic for another week of testing. Most of the testing will be centered on how I'll fare from a 12 hour-or-so transplant surgery.

I was able to talk to a guy in Kansas City that went through the same thing I'm going through. After a year of recovery, he's leading what he calls a normal life, in fact better than he had before his transplant. So I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to haunt the Michigan woods on a dirt bike after this is all over. I just don't know when that's going to be yet, hopefully I'll get a better idea when I'm at Mayo. Wish me luck!

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 19, 2002
Good luck my friend!!! We'll definitely be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Factory

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Dear Mark and Family:

Have a GREAT vacation at the cabin!! Sieze the opportunity to have some real grand family times you guys and build some super memories. You folks certainly deserve it.
I hope you KNOW that you have a totally supportive extended family out here with the MTR group. My prayers and best wishes for good results on those tests are with you Mark. I look forward to going to lunch with you again when you get back. PLEASE keep us posted of your progress.
I wish I were in the condition to volunteer to baby sit that AWESOME CRE of yours :aj:
Stay strong my friend!!!
Scott Barnhard and Family

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thanks for the kind words (I obviously haven't left yet...two more hours).

Woodsy, I wish you could baby-sit my CRE as well. It's getting lights on it when I get back, all the parts are on their way. I'm doing something different than a lighting stator though, a "total loss" ni-cad battery system (the state laws don't say anything about running off the engine). I've got ni-cads like crazy left over from my RC Car racing days. This will get me legal, and will be good for about 4 hours of lighting before having to plug in another battery.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
GOOD LUCK!
I still need to get you on the Coast Guard 47' Motor Life Boat for a tour/ride when you get back (in Grand Haven). I have not forgot!

John Anderson - Muskegon

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
MWEISSEN said:
Thanks for the kind words (I obviously haven't left yet...two more hours).

Woodsy, I wish you could baby-sit my CRE as well. It's getting lights on it when I get back, all the parts are on their way. I'm doing something different than a lighting stator though, a "total loss" ni-cad battery system (the state laws don't say anything about running off the engine). I've got ni-cads like crazy left over from my RC Car racing days. This will get me legal, and will be good for about 4 hours of lighting before having to plug in another battery.

Did you price out a light coil for it like we talked about Mark? Those battery systems are cool but there is NOTHING like riding in the SUNSHINE of 2 - 100 watt headlights - NOW THATS WHAT I WANT SOMEDAY!!! :yikes: Something I can turn towards the sky to use as search/resque light :laugh: It would be the end of an era, no more being lost at night!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hang in there Mark. Hope all reports turn out well for you.

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
Mark

Enjoy your vacation, with your family.
See ya the trail soon.

Sparkey

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Mark - That I was able to make your day, is a pleasure and encouragement that sometimes I am going in the right direction. Hang in there and remember that the rest of us will be here for you because Woodsy will be lost.
Young Ted

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Mark, thinking about you and your family during your stay at Mayo. You have a great attitude and I'm sure you'll be back in the woods in no time! ( even if it's on a Honda! :yikes: )

Take care and drop us a line when you can.

rickshaw

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'm on some "joy juice" after my first test today at Mayo. They looked at the back side of my heart. They had to knock me out, feeling pretty fuzzy. But I'm not knocked out enough to begin thinking about a ride this weekend. Is anyone game? I'm thinking Little O, Tin Cup, or Little Manistee. I may even could be talked into Kalkaska maybe. Saturday or Sunday is good.

Gotta go, off to CAT scan....

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mark,

If you are up to a trip to the Kalkaska area this weekend, you should stop by the clubgrounds. It is Jack Pine weekend!!

Mike

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Boy, what a busy day! A lot happened today at Mayo. First, as a lot of you know, the latest MX National was out here, just a few miles away. Of course I got here to late for it, but Bubba Stewart's semi pulled up and spent the evening across from our motel. There were other setups around the area today, including MSR's semi - the guys were stripping and rebuilding their bikes right in the motel parking lot. So, I got a little whisp of bikism.

Four key events on my pursuit for curing this nasty C.

1. My CAT scan came back showing the monthly injection of sandostatin may actually be reversing the cancer, although slightly and most likely not enough to eliminate it, it just means it's not going anywhere for awhile.
2. I now need to see a cardiologist to get cleared for surgery, or get the hole in my heart patched. So, I'm here for one more day, which knocks out my hope to take a ride in on Friday. Now maybe Saturday.
3. The liver transplant donor is not moving forward very well, from what I gathered. I was promised more information in a week or so. I may get referred to the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, where I may be able to get a transplant quicker. It's a little early to tell, but I'm down about this news so far.
4. My bloodwork came back normal except for liver enzymes, which haven't changed. I was fighting low hemoglobin and high white blood cell counts for a past couple months, which had contributed to my fatigue. So, this is probably why I feel pretty good right now.

Soooo, your continued thoughts and prayers are really appreciated, and needed!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Mark if you cant find someone to ride with this weekend let me know. I can possibly get out Sunday. Saturday I am heading to Big Air with the kid. But Sunday I may be able to get out. Tin Cup or Little Manistee might be cool. Let me know.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
:cool:

Hey Mark - Thanks for the the Mayo ride report! Get all these tests out of the way so you can be there for TrailFest. I'd like to see you on that CRE woods weapon sometime soon. Heard that ol' Woodsy may be running gas for us at TF... as long as someone navigates!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mark - best of (continued!) luck to you. You are still in our thoughts and prayers. We WILL see you on the trails again before to long!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Smit-Dog said:
:cool:

Hey Mark - Thanks for the the Mayo ride report! Get all these tests out of the way so you can be there for TrailFest. I'd like to see you on that CRE woods weapon sometime soon. Heard that ol' Woodsy may be running gas for us at TF... as long as someone navigates!

Not looking to good for ol Woodsy to be there Bill.. Feeling good enough to be upright more has brought a downside - I am finding all the other "points of impact"! I have been having MAJOR shoulder problems and gotta go in Thursday for an MRI - the Doc thinks Rotator Cuff from hitting the steering wheel - ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!

Mark - you are NOT forgotten buddy!! As previously mentioned - our thoughts/prayers and concerns are certainly with you! I too hope you make it back and are up to hitting Trailfest - there's gonna hafta to be someone up their to help 70Marlin breakup that Pumpkin Patch. :grin:

and now a quote from Hertfelder's 80.3 GAS AVAILABLE - "each time a curious longhorn would touch me with a horn tip; usually near the kidneys, my heart stopped" Dont know about you Mweissen but sounds like some Doctors I know ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom