thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
So here I was, racing down this straight perfect dirtroad in the middle of nowhere (norther arizona desert) in the top of 5th gear. Im having a blast because the days been going great (already rode 70 odd miles) and I finally overcame my fear of jumping across ditches. Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere this ditch appears right across the road with a back vertical lip of more than a foot. For the split second before impact that sinking feeling kicked in. Next thing i knew i was quite high in the air and flying very fast. The impact knocked the wind out of me much worse than anything ive ever experienced before.

Well the guy about 100 feet behind me saw this whole thing occur. He said he saw my bike fly up above the dust cloud and me about 10 feet above the bike. Thats when he saw me pull "the perfect superman" and go down on my back. He thought i was going to be really hurt because we were going very fast but luckly that was not the case.

Instead i have a very sore back and some serious road rash on my lower back. I managed to continue and finish the other 80 miles of that ride though. What a full filling day. ;)

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
Whew!
That'll getcha killed hauling down unfamiliar trails like that.
I'd never outpace my reaction time on a trail that I hadn't ridden RECENTLY.
But then agian, I am kind of a candy a$$.

Top Bottom