Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Dat's right... BIG TIME.

Actually, today I got via UPS from my cousin, my grandfather's last camera, a Minolta SRT 101 (1973). He did the photography thing for many years, shot weddings, was into macro, landscapes, etc, had his own dark room... No, he never went large on his equipment but took awesome shots, he had the eye. Anyway, thought I share with the shooters here, gotta appreciate a 100% metal, full manual 35mm from back in the day.

I'm actually going to send it in for service and start shooting with it some. I'd like to develop B&W film.

Attachments

• minolta.jpg
    minolta.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 512
  • minolta_srt101.jpg
    minolta_srt101.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 513

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The timing of this thread is pretty funny. A while back I gave my Minolta XE7, Minolta XG1 (with motor drive) and Minolta glass to a friend of mine when her Canon EOS got stolen. I hadn't shot film for a long time and wanted to see the cameras get some use.

Just recently I was thinking it would be fun to shoot Tri-X type B&W film once in a while and was sort of missing my old film friends.

Over the weekend this same friend was at an estate sale and scored me a couple of really COOL mid 60s era film cameras as a thank you . She even got me the the original receipt dated 1967 from a Tokyo camera shop where the Canon was originally purchased.

I'm going pick up some Tri-X and pop it in the fridge for those days when a cool old steel rangefinder camera seems like the right thing to play with. :yeehaw:

Attachments

• film_cameras.jpg
    film_cameras.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 462

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Damn! Rich... I have almost (if not the same) Topcon in a cabinet at home.

B

biglou

I've still got my 1983 Canon AE-1 Program, complete with "Official Camera of the 1984 Olympic Games" lens cap! :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The Topcon seems to have a weird cult following in Japan. I just like it because it's got a nice feel and looks cool. Seems like nice glass too.

Okie's Minolta is still WAY COOLER. :worship:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The lens cap is way cool Lou.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Lou, I have the same camera, without the fancy lens cap. It was my graduation present in 1984 :) I have a 80-200 lens and a motor

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Neat to see some old school cameras that actually use FILM (how primative huh?)

I have an old SRT 201 of my dads, and an old Canon AE-1 various lenses for each as well. Nothing like the solid tough feel of a old school camera! waaaaay back when, I used that 201, and an old 101 - crashed more than once riding dirt bikes while carrying them - never an issue! My digtal - if you look at it crosseyed when a breeze is blowing on it, it will break! I hate the digital I use now due to the shutter delay - these old ones - when you press...it clicks...no delay!

Anyone know where you can get the old ones like the AE-1 serviced? Mine is out of whack exposure wise now - I would not mind trying it again.

photojojo

Jun 10, 2006
I scored a Mamiya rangefinder at Goodwill for $3.00 a couple of years ago. Don't use it much cause the door opens a little when film is in it. It produces some interesting effects. Kinda like the Holga's and such though.

Top Bottom