Homer88

Jun 8, 2001
Hi there.

I need some help to correctly setup my pilot jet on my WR200.

I notice that when I turn in the idling screw, it goes in and makes the slide body pulls up leaving a gap in the carb body.
My current setting has a gap of about 3 mm.

I suspect something is quite wrong with my pilot jet size as my air screw is turned out 2 turns but with the slide body up with a 3mm gap(idling screw turned in almost all the way)....

Is the slide body supposed to be this high up or closed therefore blocking all air intake from the venturi and relying on the air screw and pilot jet????

:mad:

yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
that's your idle. your pilot jet has a needle that blocks off a "sub port" in the intake of the carb as it is swcered in. if you are less than1/2 turn in before your bike clears up, smaller pilot. if you are more than 3 turns out then larger pilot. the air screw is the small slot head screw. the larger is the idle.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
if you're more than 3 turns out you need a smaller pilot, which is what I think yardpro meant.
adjust your air screw outward, this will lean the pilot circuit somewhat and will improve idle, but possibly at the cost of throttle response.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by 02yz125
Yardpro, I think you got it backwards. I could be wrong though!

Somebody check a manual. I know the the Khein on my son's YZ85 the air screw turns the opposite direction to lean the mixture as on the Mikuni on my Husqvarna 125.

whyz

~SPONSOR~
Nov 18, 2001
I have no clue

but why is it that a #25 PJ looks bigger than the #27.5 PJ..
I just noticed that today. When i looked at the end,, the holes of the 25 looked bigger ,quite a bit bigger.and so did the 22.5,, like half a size bigger than the 27.5.... Is there a special way that they make these??do the insides have a longer orifice than the others, i didn't notice, although i might need a mag. glass....those little baby holes on the sides were the same.

Spark plugs,, why do they say gap at .020-.024?
What would,or how would you determine where or which to go?
Why not .028???

:think . thanks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom