Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Gonna check-out the "new" mx track in Piru (off the 126) this Sunday. Will be there bright and early (9:00). Look for the YZ426 with yellow backgrounds and #41s.

Hopefully someone from the "northern" SoCal crew can make it !

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Yeah...it's a long drive from San Diego !! It's approximately 100 miles north of Perris (I know, I meet Bill P. there once).

If you know where the Magic Mtn. amusement park is (Valencia/Santa Clarita), then the track is about 20 minutes West of there.

Here are brief directions:
From Los Angeles: Take the I-5 Northbound, past Magic Mountain. Exit onto Highway 126 Westbound. Turn right on Center Street in Piru. PMP will be on the right side.

Checkout Proride.com for the locations of all the MX tracks in So. Cal.

Not too many members of the So Cal crew in this neck of the woods. Kiwi is close by, but I don't think he motos too much....Kiwi ????

We'll have to compromise sometime and meet at Glen Helen, or maybe Sunrise (re-opens within the next couple of weeks).

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Sorry about the delay in answering....I've been out on travel.

The track is fun, but kinda tight. Lots of uphills and downhills with some off-chamber corners. No big jumps...a few small jumps right out of corners. The track was groomed well, although it did get a little one lined later in the day. It wasn't very crowded, which you can't say about too many tracks on a Sunday :D
It's only a few minutes from my house so it's a great alternative to going to HV all the time.
Let me know if you ever headout towards this direction and we'll meet up sometime. Also, if your interested, on June 20th (Thurs.) a bunch of guys (20) are renting LACR in the evening, and there are a couple spots available. Tough to beat riding a groomed track in the cool of the evening with your buddies :aj:
Let me know if you're interested !

Top Bottom