ShagsSupra

Aug 9, 2004
hey all sup im just wondering... I dono the year of this bike all I know is its in the 80's probly 89ish or older... but its a liquid cooled 80CC bike I tryed reading the vin and finding out the year but its taken a bit of damage on that part and its unable to read X_X but in the magazines it shows piston kits for the 88-92 and nothing older and I know they make them older than that but with the 88-92 piston work on it even if it is older?

wasted

Mar 14, 2004
my catalogs list the CR80 from '86-'92 as taking the same piston, if I remember right they didnt change much on them from the mid '80's to the mid 90's...

if I remember right again I think the first year they liquid cooled them was in '84, but as far as telling you if the '84-'85 had the same piston as the '86, I couldnt say for positive sure...

looking at different part numbers though I see the CR80 takes the same piston from '86 to '95 with the '96 piston being a different part # and the '85 also being a different part #, I couldnt find a part # for the '84 piston though, but I would bet it would be different than the '86-'95...

ShagsSupra

Aug 9, 2004
wasted said:
my catalogs list the CR80 from '86-'92 as taking the same piston, if I remember right they didnt change much on them from the mid '80's to the mid 90's...

if I remember right again I think the first year they liquid cooled them was in '84, but as far as telling you if the '84-'85 had the same piston as the '86, I couldnt say for positive sure...

looking at different part numbers though I see the CR80 takes the same piston from '86 to '95 with the '96 piston being a different part # and the '85 also being a different part #, I couldnt find a part # for the '84 piston though, but I would bet it would be different than the '86-'95...

HRMM! well thanks for the help ill try and get to the bottom of it.

untill then anybody else got info?

Top Bottom