TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
I'll be going to San Diego, probably at the end of May to visit my family. I'll be bringing the bikes and hope to do some riding.

I grew up there, but wasn't into bikes at all. Can anybody suggest some good spots to ride?

Thanks!

Scott

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
TaxPhd said:
I'll be going to San Diego, probably at the end of May to visit my family. I'll be bringing the bikes and hope to do some riding.

I grew up there, but wasn't into bikes at all. Can anybody suggest some good spots to ride?

The closest place is Corral Canyon (45 mins). I usually stage at the Pine Valley exit and take the fire road to the trail that connects to Corral Canyon or you can take the Buckman Springs exit to the road in. There is also McCains valley which is a little further east on the 8 frwy by boulavard. It is a fun area with some nice trails but it is really small. You can do all the trails in a couple of hrs. If you like track riding there is one in El Cajon and Amago, cachuilla, and elsinore which are about an 1-1.5 hrs away. Unless you don't mind a drive to go to the desert or the dunes, but it will be pretty hot out there by the end of May. Get ahold of me when you come to town and I may be able to free up some time for a ride. :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom