Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Who's going to the Midland Hare Scramble this Sunday??

I'm going to use it for a "tune up" to get seat time for the Harrison National Enduro the following weekend. I'll be poking along in the 3 hr "S" class Sunday -don't run me over when you pass me OK?

Freddy :cool:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Andy and I were just talking about going there for a race. That was my local track when I was a kid, and watched the 125/250 Nationals there back in the 70's. I haven't been there in 25 years, I'll bet it's different! If we go, I'll look for you, I won't be racing for sure. My go-juice is definately not close to what it was earlier this year, the Big C is starting to kick me down a little more. Racing, even at my slower pace, is out of the question for awhile.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
My Dad and I will be there. I will have to say that this is my favorite track of the year. The moto-X and the woods are very sweet!!!

Last edited:

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
I'll be there, very cool course! Will be the first ride for a new member of the Pumpkin patch as well, I am going to Lansing to pick up a nearly new 300 MXC for 560V today, will be nice to see him off the green and on the orange!

Superbike373

Apr 11, 2004
New bike for G.R. !!!! Just what hee needs. Now he may win overall. I just have no hope of getting better than 5th this year. The guy in fourth is an A/AA enduro rider! This will be a great race. I love this track. See ya all there. ----------Mike

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Woo!

That was a good one I thought. I'm not sure where I ended up, but I "THINK" I did 10 laps, but not sure. I couldn't keep track, I think I was toast after about 6-7 laps but I kept going. I wnted to get a good work out before the Harrison National Enduro and I did get a work out!!! I had a good ride, never fell and felt pretty good. That was a well run HS and I'll be back next year.

Freddy

EDIT: Yep I got 10 laps in and 8th in "S" class & 41st Overall.

Last edited:

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
That track was sweet. it was a little too sandy for my liking, but the track and woods were sweet, but i can't get traction in the sand like hill can and he kept gaining on me on the track but as soon as we hit the woods i was all over him. Last lap was majorly dissapointing i dropped it twice in turns, i coulda cried.

E T

Apr 1, 2004
I went, got sunburnt, gave my dad gatorade, and cleaned his glasses. Hopefully next year I'll ride. It looked like a lot of fun.:)

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Arrant said:
Do they run quads there at all do you know?

No Quads, the single track stays nice.

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
Mike yeah Gary first ride on the 300 was a good one, he won V by quite a bit and after the race said he thinks he will get a lot faster on it as the season progresses, Sunday was his first ride on it. I wasn't too talkative after the race, the heat really zapped me yesterday, ended up 5th in S and 32nd overall, I did see you get around me. Nice Race!

Superbike373

Apr 11, 2004
Good for Gary! Just wish I could l keep up. I was running fourth all day. battling all the way with 503V. He got me in a tight woods corner on the last lap, we bumped and I went down. I lost all my steam after that. I was never so thirsty in my life!!!!!!! I dried out my 72 oz Camelback at about 2 hours. I finally kept the bike on two wheels most the race. I always crash passing and it kills my times. I did notice a lot of cheating. The same really slooooow guys kept popping up in front of me. Whats with that? I would never want a trophy or points I intentionally cheated to get. I had a ball. I rode well enough to be happy with my self. Man I like the H/S and enduro crowd. I always feel I am among freinds. I have never felt that way at a moto. ---Mike

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I had a blast! I got a 5th place start and rode good until we headed into the second section of woods where I dumped it right in front of my pit!! Classic! I rode pretty good all day with a few minor crashes. The one thing that really defines this track is the roots. Those woods sure do get tricky after a few laps.

Mike, were you going back and forth with a Z rider for most of the day? I was riding with a guy on a RM in the V class all day and I was wondering if it was you.

See ya at Harrison!

Superbike373

Apr 11, 2004
I was the only RM in V class. Were you #14? I was battling with a KX 250 for most the day. I remember riding with a KTM alot. I will have to look you up at Valley. Did you pit right at the last turn going into the woods? I had a ball! ----Mike

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom