RM125CCF

Apr 27, 2006
After I did the rebuild on my bike it ran fine and i didnt run it hard for an hour or so. Well after i heat cycled it a couple of times and a couple of days later i let my friend ride it. He ran it pretty fast after it was hot and said the bike wasnt getting into its powerband. I checked this today by riding it and warming it up and letting it get hot then getting down on it and it seems to want to get into the powerband but then its got that kinda cold pinging sound like when you try to rev the crap out of a 2 stroke before its warm i've never tryed it but heard it. It's like that sound. The guy who had the bike before me ran 40:1 Gas/Oil and i switched over to 32:1 for the rebuild. I'm thinking when I added more oil didn't i lean out the fuel mixture? Should I try 40:1? I really want the powerband fixed. thanks guys.

railer

Nov 4, 2005
Sounds like a jetting problem to me. The change in oil mixture should not affect your powerband too much. But if you're experiencing "bogging" at high rpms, you may want to adjust your main jet.

In my RM125, I've used mixtures all the way from 80:1 down to 32:1, and the only thing I've noticed is how much splooge I get coming out of the exhuast pipe. I've also noticed that if you're not on the pipe (being in the high rpms) all the time, if you do decide to get on it, it's going to bog a bit which, I believe, is due to the fact that there is unburned oil built up inside and it takes a couple twists of the throttle to get it out. After that, it's gravy.

If you need help jetting, shoot me a PM. I just redid mine not too long ago.

Hope this helps.

Brian.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
dezryder said:
Give the break-in a more time before you go looking for full power.
don't know where you came up with this?
From what you describe in the problem I agree it sounds like a jetting issue. do a search and you will come up with more info then any mortal could ever digest on the subject

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom