Problems, Another Fouled Plug (I Hope)

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Why do I keep getting trouble with my bike? I was planning on just heading out for a little putt today so I started up the old CR and let her idle while I put on my boots and helmet and gloves. So I got on her and started out with the usual very difficult first moments. She smokes and feels like it's going to die that first time I pull out. So I keep it easy to get her warm figuring I'll take a lap around my woods once or twice. I don't get too far before I have to turn for a surprise tree that fell down. So I stop and get ready to turn her around and she dies. Just instantly. I try to kick her again but nothing. Doesn't even sound like it wants to spark. I eventually did it get started but it ended up just dying again mid-rev. I don't think it seized since the starter still moves but it doesn't sound like there's any spark. Another fouled plug. This one wasn't even ran for a half hour. This brings me to another concern that I've wondered. It's got to be my jetting.

I want to know what jets I should run and all the specs exactly so I can get this problem fixed up. It's a 2001 CR 125. It's all stock. I live in Western Pennsylvania and mainly just ride trails. Some of them are tight so I don't get to really wind her that much.

I really hate the problems that keep coming up. I fouled a plug last Friday too. My mixes are right, I know, so what can this be? The night we took my carb apart (the first day I had it when it blew up), I'm not sure if everything is right. Obviously it's back together and working, and no jets were changed, but the one thing I'm wondering is the screw with the different numbered notches on it. I don't know where that's at right now. It seems like it's been a spooger since it's came back from the shop with the new top end and cylinder. Could that be the problem? Please help.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Yeah I checked the plug and sure enough wet and fouled. It is a B8ES. The plug recommened for trailing. It's gotta be something with jetting then I'd say. Can that jet needle affect this?

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Most people ride on the needle so you might wanna try and move the clip up a slot or 2 to lean out the needle. Also adjust the air screw out this will lean it out and also do a main jet plug test to see if it is running rich on the main.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Yeah when my dad and I get the time we're going to have to take this apart and see what's going on. I would think that all the jet sizes are correct, it just seems like I'm going to need to adjust that jet needle.

Top Bottom