Bud977

May 5, 2005
My boy had a big high side and bent the forks and front wheel. I'm in the process of disassembly. I have one fork apart but can't pull the other one (RH side) apart.

What am I missing? I have the circlip out and the top out springs have come out but the fork tube won't come out. It feels like something mechanical is still holding it in.

Can anyone help?

loudarbs

Mar 18, 2006
I ran into a similar problem trying to get that right side fork apart. I was able to due it with a make shift slide hammer. Long story short: I don't think that fork is supposed to come apart. I noticed there was a little retaining pin at the bottom of the dampener rod (yes it has one) that holds it to the bottom of the fork tube. Well this little pin sheered off finally after taking my abuse. I don't know how they got the forks assembled though. I've looked at may resources but a can't find how they're supposed to come apart. I see you posted this a long time ago. Any updates or new found info?

tsalmon

Apr 9, 2006
This forum doesn't like links, so search on the following in Google to find the PW50 only forum.

"pw50 proboards57"

There are many posts: After pulling the circlip, they should come apart, but the Clymer manual states that if any water has gotten inside and a little rust forms, the forks can be a real pain to get apart.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom