cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
i can get it to move a little (like an inch or so) and now there isnt enough of the axle sticking out to hit w/ a piece of wood. So what can i use?I figure a punch but i dont wanna mushroom the threaded part of the axle. If i put the nut on the end of the axle and get it on enough to be flush w/ the end of the axle will it mushroom still?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I stick a old screwdriver through the hole in the center and hit it with a hammer.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
If you can move it an inch try to use a lever such as a long tyre iron or pitman fork to lever it out from the other side (not the nut side).

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
When you finally get it out, check too see if its bent or not.. I had the same problems ona 89yz250, one of the axle block ajustment bolts broke on a landing and the axle got stuck in the rim.. Had too use a sledge hammer and a punch, go one way til it stopped, cut w/a dye grinder, then repeat til it finally came out.. I had too buy a new axle and the adjustment bolt.. ANd i think i put in new wheel bearings..
RIck

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
i got it out!!! i used a snap on thing my dads friend had(was a punch but w/ diff attachments to fit diff size things.). it worked good except getting it out of the axle. i had to rig up everything to remove it. when i got it off the little alumunim piece was like fused to the removable bit! i eventually snapped the alumunim piece to get it off lol. I hope he can get a new piece. Also the axle isnt bent, it was just fused to the bearings.

Top Bottom