mxracer2000

Jan 6, 2000
My oldest son wont be racing this weekend which leaves his 2000 KTM 50 available for stealing parts for my younger sons PW50. Just wondering if it would be worthwhile to throw the carb from the KTM on the PW. Any thoughts?? What would the advantages/disadvantages be?
Thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm pretty sure it's not going to fit. If it did then you would also need to disable the oil injection system on the PW because the KTM carb does not support it. You would also need to contend with the different throttle cable setups of the two bikes, rejetting to work with the PW engine and hope that it all stayed together IF you could get it all working. Plan B sounds better.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
doesn't sound like an easy weekend project. just have your stock carb bored out, have a 60 piston from a QT put in and get aftermarket clutch springs and the thing rips. But the biggest bang for you buck mod for the PW is go get some QT50 gears. $175 from Yam or about $100 used. Go from 4.9:1 to 5.7:1 gearing and the thing picks up a lot faster. BTW the gearing change is the only AMA legal change I mentioned.

Top Bottom