Question regarding exhaust valve for 2001 yz125

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
Hi people-

I am rebuilding the top end of my new (to me) '01 YZ125 and would love to ask a couple Q's of you guys that have experience w/ this model.

1)There was alot of oil pooling in bottom of the exhaust valve housing (on the cylinder) and I was wondering, is that normal?? I am not talking about talking about a little in the corners, but quite alot... 2-3, maybe even4 table spoon fulls. Is that normal or is this thing jetted way to rich?

2) There is a small amount of galling from the springs on the valve actuator shaft. Will this affect performance or worse cause failure and cylinder damage?? Funds are pretty tight so I'd rather not drop the extra $31.95 +tax if its not a big deal.

I'd really appreciate some knowledgable feedback from any of you guys who have worked on these.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
hmmm... no ideas here, eh? I'm pretty up in the air on this one. Called the dealer and they were no help adn gave the standard "you'll have to bring it in..." routine. C'mon guys, anyone have an educated opinion??

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
You will get some oil residue on the pv setup no matter how well jetted, as for the gauling-im not really familiar with the yz pv setup but i would replace worn parts, if they stop working the bike will be very slow.

Top Bottom