cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
On my new 2 me 97yz125 the rear wheel is stuck. I believe its the left side bearing because when i try removing it, the swing arm flexes a little bit and the dust seal of that side is coming out. I pryed the dust seal out and pumped as much "Break Free" penetrating oil in there as i could. Ive tryed using a mallet and a piece of soft wood but the axle just digs into the wood. Would i be able to put the nut on the end of the axle and beat the hell out of it? or would this damage the nut and axle? Im gonna try a piece of oak wood before i do anything else but i wanna find out about what else I can do.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Is the axle bent?? If you can't get the axle out, there is a possibility that it may be bent..

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
I would pour some quality penetrating oil down the side of the axle on each side and leave overnight. Make sure the chain adjusters are slacked off first. Then install the nut and tap the axle out with a block of hardwood and a hammer.
Its pretty rare for the axle to be bent. It probably hasn;t been removed in a long time and is fused to the spacer tube.

380roost

Apr 20, 2003
This happened to me back in the 70s, after I rode my bike on the beach,
when you finally get the axle out, grease it !
Try kerosine, it works.

Regards,
Ken

Top Bottom