Colorado Mike

Jun 28, 2004
I want to swap out the stock reeds on my '04 220. I was planning on just getting the Boyesen 607 power reeds, but would like to know if there is any noticable difference between these and the pro models that cost a little more. The next step up is the whole cage assembly which run around $150 or so. Do these really make a big difference? My bike has an FMF torque pipe, stock silencer, Wiseco piston, no airbox lid, and I'm planning to get the RB carb mod done. I ride technical trails usually 3rd gear or under at altitudes of 8-12K feet. Thanks for any input.

Mike.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
If you do a whole cage, such as the new 3 reed system (i forget the name...) you will notice a HUGE difference vs. just reeds, youll notice a little better throttle response

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
He's talking about a V Force Reed cage. i liked the 607's

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Word on the dirt is that the new DFIII is an awesome performer in the KDX. I currently use 607's which provide a noticeable difference from the stockers, especially on the bottom end. The DFIII is reported to match that gain again. I'm hoping to try the DFIII in the near future based upon some feedback from other experienced KDXers. If money is not an issue, I would give the DFIII a whirl. Just my 02.

Good luck and give us a ride report if you go with the new DFIII.

Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
You can also go a step in between: carbon tech-carbon fiber reeds. Better than the 607's, probably not as good as the v-force, but only $50. You can get low tension or high tension for low or high rpm power boost. I got the low tension expecting only a low end boost. They did give me a significant low end boost, but an even more significant top end boost!!! AWESOME bang for the buck!!!

Top Bottom