Regulator/Rectifier location

craig

Jan 7, 2002
Hi all,

For various reasons, I'm just now getting around to reassembling my '97 KDX after tearing it down to rebuild the motor & paint the frame in December.

I can't recall where the regulator/rectifier goes... I'm thinking airbox area (it can only go so far, limited by wire length), but I took a quick glance last night and didn't see a clear answer.

Anyone?

thanks,
Craig

MassKDX

Dec 11, 2001
Depends if you have an air box lid. If so then it mounts there. If not you can mount to the outside of the airbox by drilling a hole and mounting it where you like.

craig

Jan 7, 2002
Thanks, I appreciate the quick reply. I have no lid (none when I bought it), and thought I remembered it being mounted on the airbox, but it had green paint marks which had me wondering if it was mounted to the frame somewhere.

Thanks again,
Craig

craig

Jan 7, 2002
Oh, yeah, the box w/the cooling fins is the regulator. The other box is the ignitor, and I'm now thinking that's what MassKDX was thinking of. My regulator has green paint at the bolt-on point, which tells me it was mounted on the frame... Problem is, I don't recall where, and it doesn't jump out at me when I'm looking at it...

Can you specify where it mounts on the frame?

thanks,
Craig

dbarn

Oct 30, 2000
Craig,
KDXChode is correct. The igniter mounts on the airbox lid, the igniter is plastic. The Voltage regulator is silver, and mounts right above the airbox if looking down on the frame member crossing over the rear half of the box.

Thanks,

Dbar1681

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom