2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Just ordered one for the RM250... never ran one before.

Flywheel Weight- I've heard folks say they no longer need their additional FWW with it. I run a 12oz weight on the RM... input?

Gearing- Currently running +two teeth on the rear, makes 2'nd and 3'rd good in the single-trak while leaving 1'st workable for trail-work/hanging arrows. Would going back to stock gearing or +1 tooth be better since this clutch will 'feed power' better than I do?

Tranny Oil- Rekluse recommends Rotella 15w40, but clutch drag is such an issue with these RMs, anyone try Automotive ATF?... (I've been running it for quite a while now w/ good performance.)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Gomer, are you off your meds?
I ran one on my 450 with 30wt and changed often. I would like to have one on my YZ250 2T and I would run ATF if I had it.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
Very late reply, but i run one on my 03 cr250. Get rid of the flywheel weight, the rekluse adds a fair bit of rotating weight, and the bike is really smooth with the auto clutch system. I run Delo 15w40 without issue. My gearing is up 2 on the rear, but going stock will be fine. I lug my bike around the trails and it goes just fine. I ride all woods. I'm sure you have it installed and are loving it.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Has anyone considered replacing their clutch lever for a rear brake control if running this clutch? IE having rear brake lever on left side of bars in addition to foot control brake?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Update:

This old man is lovin' the Rekluse, got it mainly because the RM's hit down low wears me out. We do high mileage days.

Left the FWW on (the EXP disc weighs next to nothing), dropped one tooth off the rear. Perfect IMO.

I still like the clutch lever, I'm having a hard time not always pulling it in when locking up the rear wheel might happen (old dog, new tricks.) And, with the EXP you can adjust play back into the perch/lever and go back to manual (bump starting if need be.)

Two thumbs up!

Top Bottom