coal cracker

Sep 23, 2005
Hey guys,

I was thinking about putting a Rekluse auto clutch on my 04 CR250. Have any of you tried it on a 2-stroke 250? What do you think? Also hows does it work when down shifting?? From what I have read you set it to engage and disengage at different RPMs which makes sense for upshifting but what about down shifting??

crashnburn

Apr 24, 2004
Don't know about motocross, but for offroad I wouldn't take mine off my 02 Cr250. Absolutely amazing in tight technical trails. Not real clear on your engagement ?. But it is operated on centrifugal force the balls "sling out" to engage the clutch. When downshifting the motor should maintain a relatively high level of rpms and the clutch will stay engaged. The really nice thing is you can fly into a corner brake hard downshift and the bike will never stall. Hope this helped. :laugh:

Wilky

Oct 21, 2004
Mine is great too even on the motocross track (in most circumstances) and priceless in an enduro type situation. Down shifting (for engine braking) is no prob as long as the revs are a few hundred above idle. From idle a, small blip of the throttle on a downhill is all it takes to engage the clutch. Mine has the manual clutch override option which all it really does is change the engagement point to a lot higher RPM. This is really nice when you want to blast out of a turn. It's kind of like a clutch stab but with a smooth clutch engagement. This however is not so handy when you are out of shape and grab a hand full of throttle on accident because the clutch will be engaged no matter how far you pull in the clutch lever.

coal cracker

Sep 23, 2005
Sounds sweet! I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and fork out the cash to get one of them bad boys. If I like it I'll probably get one for my wifes bike too since she isn't the best with a clutch.

Top Bottom