MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Well, I just got a dig. camera, a Sony cyber-shot not the best but its a pretty good camera. Any ways the pictures are HUGE when u up load them to the computer and what not. I was wondering if someone could tell me how you could down size them so I can send them in an email without it taking for ever, as well as up loading them onto DRN and other places. Thanks guys.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I use a freebie "power toy" image resizer utility from Microsoft to quickly and easily resize images.

This link is for Windows XP, but I've used it on Windows 2000 as well.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

Scroll down to the "Image Resizer" link to download and install it.

All you do is right-click over an image file and select "Resize Pictures", and then select from one of the standard sizes (i.e. 640x480, 1024x768, etc.), or enter a custom size. It will create a copy of the file in the new size, or give you the option to resize the original. You can select mutiple pictures at a time, and have them resize all at once. The resulting file size if also very small.

It is a "must-have" utility IMO.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Awesome I'll give it a shot.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I use the MGI PhotoSuite program that came with my Sony. With it, you can click Image - Resize to get it smaller and when you Save-As you can cut back the quality to 75% or so. I can't tell any difference between 100% and 75% on the screen...only when printing.

My 2.5MB (2048x1536) original pics usually get down to 150K when I resize to 1024x768 and cut the quality to 75%.

Top Bottom