murcada

Dec 16, 2002
Does anyone make a riding boot that would fit 20 inch calves? I tried my brothers old Sidi size 10 boots (even though I wear a size 13) and the straps werent even close to buckling. Could it be that since it was a size 10 when I need a 13 that they wouldnt close or do the calves of riding boots not get much bigger as the boot size increases?

Any thoughts on using army jungle boots as riding boots? They're a lot cheaper and look pretty cool.

drzgod

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2002
Good Luck! I have 18 1/2" calves, I bought a pair of Alpinestars Tech 6's and Alpinestars sent me extended straps for the boots.  That got me in them, but no room for knee braces.  My boot size is 10 1/2, you said you needed 13's, maybe the 13's have extra room and you'll get into them.  Call and ask about the longer straps, l was willing to pay, but they gave them to me.  Good service!

I wouldn't think military boots would provide much in the way of protection.   would only go that route if nothing else turns up.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I have 19" calves and my Alpinestars Tech 6's were fine with the original straps.. I bought Tech 8's and the straps seemed too short, very difficult to get them to buckle, but once the boots broke in and fit 'snugger' the straps aren't an issue anymore.
If they are, Alpinestars will send you a set of longer straps/buckles on their dime, no charge to you whatsoever. Their custom service is truly excellent and will do what it takes to make sure you are happy with their boots.

Amadeus

Apr 10, 2003
DAMN!!! you guys have some serious drum sticks hangin off your knees.

I have a 15.5" calve.....and people always ask me "Is that you or are you ridin' a chicken?"

Top Bottom