INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Part three of three.

During snack, gas up and relax time I start figuring the arrival time for Curtis. He had said around noon and I came up with 12:30. About two minutes later Trevor says there’s someone coming now. I turn around and see a white Chevy van and who but ORTR – On Reserve Test Rider – is driving. I couldn’t hide in Indiana either. The YZ gets unloaded, Trevor gives it a short ride check, Curtis gets riding gear on and we’re ready to hit the trail again. ORTR tries out his new toy – picture #6. It is now Curtis’s call and south it is. The leaders overshoot the turn into the woods off of Ewing, but catch it right way. Curtis had said he was going to take it easy, but can you believe an ORTR? The only trail difference is that on the snowmobile part there is more ice and water. After crossing the Holton-Whitehall blacktop, the leaders again miss the left turn into the woods and are gone. No way can I catch them, so poke along just to keep track of where they went. In due time I met them coming back. The profound words were – “we got lost and Woodsy wasn’t even here”. The one sure thing is that the trail south has fewer markings than north. It also may not be a bad thing either. Picture #7 is the ribbon marking the split for the loop and where the trail comes up from the left. At the next stop is where picture #8 was taken. During this break is when Trevor mentioned the flock was now up to three turkeys. Should I add I was the only studded one?
With the increasing afternoon temps, the ground seemed a little slippier as we were starting back. If you want to call it a mishap, I did catch up to Curtis after he got too much front brake on a left turn. That is about the only way I can catch someone. My forte is steady and long. Back at the Holton-Whitehall blacktop the decision was to take the snowmobile trail in, even though we weren’t sure where it went. Trevor stated we would find out and off we went through more puddles and some soft ice. Hit Ewing rd., met another bike and a quad, down Brunswick back to the lot. End of a fine ride as a cloud goes by leaking very few drops of rain.

Side bar to Fred T and Mike S. While having something to eat, Curtis mentions he quit drinking coffee, for a while, because he knew I didn’t. I mentioned the clam chowder business of last December. Trevor orders a cup of clam chowder but the waitress informs him it is only available on Fridays. I go for a hot turkey sandwich. I’m out of here.

Young Ted

Attachments

• #6.jpg
    #6.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 130
  • #7.jpg
    #7.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 135
  • #8.jpg
    #8.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 125
O

(over) 50

Looks like you had a great day Ted, weather wise,trail wise,friend wise. This winter has given us alot of riding opportunity's. Sometimes just a few miles one way or the other can be big change in trail conditions.I rode Cedar Creek in both Jan. and Feb. without screws, and a few days later it was snowed in.I look forward to some all day rides this year and maybe we'll make that ride to Fife Lake and get back before the bats come out.THINK SPRING!

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Hey Ted Thanks For The Report On The Ride. It Makes Me Regret I Didn't Get Off My Butt And Get The Bike Ready To Go. Oh Well Soon Enough. Thanks Again!!!
Dave Leathers.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
D.LEATHERS said:
Hey Ted Thanks For The Report On The Ride. It Makes Me Regret I Didn't Get Off My Butt And Get The Bike Ready To Go. Oh Well Soon Enough. Thanks Again!!!
Dave Leathers.

Hmmmmm....I see a continuing trend here. Leathers sleeps in and misses another ride. :laugh:

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Hey Fred, Unlike you I need my beauty rest..... And when I do decide to ride, my bike is fully prepped and ready to go. See you in the woods and I will understand fully when you are sitting next to a tree overheating, with a stick in your radiator!!! Tee Hee!!! Dave the wine slave!!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Bob - On those all day rides, isn't it possible the bats are in the belfry and need not come out? Either way, they are still a pleasure. Rather than think spring, I'll go for THINK RIDE. I'll be ready to go after returning from Arkansas the 20th.

Young Ted

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Another EXCELLENT Trail Tale by the Master Of The Tale Trail!! Try to follow that one you Rotten Sucker!!! Hey - whats the big idea blaming me for you guys getting lost?? Sheesh, I wasnt even in the right state (I really dont remember when the last time I was in the right state) and I still somehow get connected to people getting lost........ Well I am getting pretty tired of all this non-sense!!
Do you guys know what "Self Fulfulling Prophecy" is?? For those of you who dont - wait till I get a few spare minutes and can go riding with you and I will demonstrate what it means!! Oh yea, that Lead Yahoo better bring extra burnt squirrel for this one!!!!
Hey Bob, I didnt know who you were but I do now (a BIG yahoo birdy told me)!! Have you heard from Randy?? I think he is back! Could be a REAL interesting season ;)
Woodsy :ride:

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
woodsy said:
) and I still somehow get connected to people getting lost........ Well I am getting pretty tired of all this non-sense!!QUOTE]
Scott, I thought " lost " was your middle name( I think thats what Ted told me).
Curtis ORTR

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
3KDXXR2 said:
woodsy said:
) and I still somehow get connected to people getting lost........ Well I am getting pretty tired of all this non-sense!!QUOTE]
Scott, I thought " lost " was your middle name( I think thats what Ted told me).
Curtis ORTR

Yo' - ORTR:
THAT is exactly the reason I wrote what I did!! If this keeps up it (LOST) will be my first name :) :aj:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Woodsy - Tie your goat in a different location. Looks like we found it. ORTR has yet to complain about his escapade - which Aaron and you were responsible for. As stated before - bring it on. Renie is waiting for you also.

YT2

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
INCA said:
Woodsy - Tie your goat in a different location. Looks like we found it. ORTR has yet to complain about his escapade - which Aaron and you were responsible for. As stated before - bring it on. Renie is waiting for you also.

YT2

Dearest YT2 - you have had my goat wayyyyy to long :rotfl: Now give it back and I WILL tie it in a new location - baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddd - baaaaaaaddddddd :rotfl:
Acutally, you can keep that goat and I will find a new one for you to look for - an I am sure you will find that one too!!!!
Renie shemeenie, I aint scared a no woman!! Hold it - my wife just walked by and gave me the evil eye as I was covering the screen.. Wheeew... Back to Renie,,,, I just wont eat her food and I should be fine :laugh: Putem up puuuutem up - I'll fight cha wit one hand behind my back Renie - I'll fight wit one foot off the ground an one hand behind my back... I am SOOOOOOO ready - BRING IT ON - BRING IT ON BIG DADDY!!! :laugh:
Yea Tedsker - we gotta go ring that bell up there - if we can catch her open!! If not we can always eat at the Wesco in Baldwin... Oh - wiat a minute - they closed that McDonalds.. Guess its back to Paolies Pizza for a Stromboloie!!
Hey, maybe we cant just ride to Camp Chaos and raid the fridge up there while Mikeys out playin... I think I left some baked beans in their refrigerator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O

(over) 50

Woodsy, last I heard from Randy was around 3/13. He was about to head back to Mich. Said he needed to get a job, a bike,and go riding. Told him all winter how to monitor this site, but I don't think he ever did. He would call sometimes twice a week just to say Hi to us Michigan riders. This saturday is open house at old Jerry Grows honda,maybe I'll see ya there round noon.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
(over) 50 said:
Woodsy, last I heard from Randy was around 3/13. He was about to head back to Mich. Said he needed to get a job, a bike,and go riding. Told him all winter how to monitor this site, but I don't think he ever did. He would call sometimes twice a week just to say Hi to us Michigan riders. This saturday is open house at old Jerry Grows honda,maybe I'll see ya there round noon.
Yooo' - Overfiddy - I chatted with the LT last night and guess what.. He is back at Babbitts!! Yep, got the ol job er ruuuu skiii back!! Only prob is he is working everyday (he actually wanted me to feel sorry for his whiny little no-worky butt haha)... Anyway, I told him to stop being so neggy and remember that he still has a couple good months before he HAS to have a bike...
Then I called Larry and suggested that we Monday Riders get together and go down to Babbitts on one of our early spring Monday Rides to "buy a plug" and make sure we see Randy.. Just to remind ol LT what its like to be called from Florida in the middle of the Winter by a GOOD FRIEND who is sitting on the beach watching the girls go by!! Larry laughed and said _ Scott - there is something downright diabolical about you - I LOVE IT!!!! Anyway, thats the general plan.. I havent chatted with YT2 about it yet but I am sure he will be game - he is kind of a rotten sucker that way anyway :laugh:
What do ya think??????

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Make it during lunch and ill drive over from GH to help poke him with a stick with ya's.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
Make it during lunch and ill drive over from GH to help poke him with a stick with ya's.

Oh yeaaaaaa,,, that would be GREAT Don!! We WILL do it on some bright sunny warm spring day - just to see a grown man cry ;) And the plot thickens like gravy on the low heat :rotfl:

Top Bottom