bluefirez

Jul 20, 2006
ok so heres the story. everytime i would try to kick start the thing every once in a while it would sound like air was pushing out of somewhere.. .when i would give it a little gas and kick it it would make a ound like " psshhhhhhhhhhhttt" and then sound like a small pop. i would be able to start it but would bog down if i would come to a complete stop. so i decided to go out riding it and i was going down the street with it going about 60 mph and all of a sudden i heard it bogging down.... and then it just shut off. and i was rolling in neutral and tryed to put it back into first while rolling to save the kick start problem. and i noticed there was absolutley no compression left. i got off the bike and tryed to move the kick start with my hand but it freely moves. when i push it down right now i can feel that the piston is moving and there is air coming out of the exaust........ . i noticed today that my house smells like gas, theres no leaking of gas but no idea where the smell could be coming from. it used to be a real pain to start up. also the guy who sold it to me had it sitting in a garage for 8 months................ can anyone help me ?

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
?? well you can check the reeds,check the crank case oil level an see if it is being sucked in to the cyl-through a bad crank seal,? -
blown head gasket would be leaking water , see what the plug looks like
sounds like it might be pushing air back through the carb when kicking it,from bad reeds keep us posted :cool:

Top Bottom