gtirx2

Dec 6, 2007
Alright guy's :) i am new here and don't now much about these bikes so i thought i would ask you guys to see what you think.
My mate has a rm125 99 and the dam thing don't like going from 1st to 2nd,its a real hard shift and you have to either knock it up real hard or hold your foot on it and let the bike roll along abit for it to engage properly.
Its not a quick shift like it should be?
It also seems to have a lot of false neterals in between gears like 2-3 4-5 etc,and is hard to go in them also?
I am thinking its maybe the star thing that selects the gears or maybe a shift fork?But to be honest i ain't got much of a clue as i have not seen inside of one of these machines.
Has anyone else had these sort of problems?
Also is it a hard job to take these engines/gearboxes apart?As i am more used to working on cars.
Thanks for any advise :) .

gtirx2

Dec 6, 2007
Think we may have half sorted it, the nipple had moved his gear lever up to high to fit his size 13 boots under it,and it was catching on the gearbox casing :laugh: :)
There still seems to be a couple of false neteral in the box tho?

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
false nuetral can be a couple of probs. lazyness being one, but when its then bike 9 times out of 10 is the clutch basket is starting to have groves in it where your friction disk are chattering

Dec 8, 2007
You should check that star thing(AKA shift cam segment), and the spring loaded lever that rides on it for damage. There should be a wheel on the end of the lever that should fit pretty closely into the rounded off point on the star thing (neutral position).

gtirx2

Dec 6, 2007
Thanks for the advise guys, i will have a look when i get time.Its a shame really as other than the gear troubles the bike flys.

Top Bottom