dan druff

Apr 18, 2006
Mx523 said:
Are they well-built bikes? Any known problems with them? I'm talking about from 1998-2005 years also. Thanks.
2001 and past they are excellent machines,In 2001 they had a little problem with a lifter arm engaging the powervalve, i think, but it is most likely fixed on any 01 rm125 hat was well taken care of so it shouldn't be an issue. They had the problem fixed in the 02 model.

for the avg rider all of the recent japanese125's are good and 2003 and past KTM's are good. But when which one is best it really comes down to rider preference. your best bet is to get the one with the best local dealer support.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
fwsteal said:
enjoy my 06 rm125 - minus trying to find a spark plug

Attend local Suzuki shop, approach parts counter ask for plug for 06 RM125. Not real difficult is it?

My son has owned and raced an 03 and now an 05 RM125 and they have been very good bikes for him. The weak clutches thing is a bit of residual stuff from years past I think, yes you will notch up the basket and wear it out if you ride the bike like a 125 should be ridden, but I can't say we've raced any other brand of 125 to compare. We can usually get well into the second race season on the stock basket prior to replacing it.

Top Bottom